1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

2GB miniSD now works on LG VX9800!

Discussion in 'LG' started by pajovima, Jul 9, 2006.

1. pajovima

pajovima New Member

This is my first post, so I apologize if this is old news. This site has been really helpful in getting my phone up and running with mp3s, so I'm hoping to return the favor.

Anyhow, I e-mailed Verizon and asked about the 2GB miniSD fix for the 9800. I received the response that I have pasted below. So, I went to the Verizon store and had them upgrade my software to version T98VZV05. I popped in the card and formatted the 2GB card under the "Manage Memory" menu, and SUCCESS! I can now save pictures, movies, sounds, and mp3s on my 2GB card via the phone or my computer.

To get the mp3s to play, I had to do the following: Open the phone and click "ok", then 0, 000000, go to 12 ("music settings") and change from "mod only" to "mp3 and mod."

Also, if anyone needs a cheap 2GB card, I purchased mine from Amazon (via Digital Media Source) for $37.44 plus $7.99 shipping. The card is manufactured by OEM Systems. Shipped in about 3 days. :) It's working great on my LG VX9800. I do not work for these guys. I'm just plugging it because I got mine dirt cheap.

Hope this helps someone!
    -------------------------------------------------
    Here's the e-mail response from Verizon:

"Thank you for contacting our Verizon Wireless website. We are happy to further assist you with your question regarding using a 2GB memory card with your LG V phone.

If you are having issues with formatting a 2GB memory card, then LG has released new software for the VX9800, the V phone, version T98VZV05. This software includes running changes from the previous version. This upgrade includes fixes for the following issues:

" Upgrades the capability of the device to support V CAST Music, which means that for music files to play on the phone, they will need to be in WMA format

" Resolves issue with device reading 2GB miniSD card

Use the following path to check the software version in your phone:
    Menu > Settings & Tools > System > Device Info > SW Version. If you need to update your software, please visit a local Verizon Wireless store. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Before updating the software, please note your Get It Applications as they will be deleted during the software upgrade and will need to be re-installed to the phone after the software upgrade."

› See More: 2GB miniSD now works on LG VX9800!

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?