1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

a few lg vx9900 questions

Discussion in 'LG enV' started by 3085, Dec 3, 2006.

1. 3085

3085 New Member

My 9900 is coming in the mail in a few days and I dont reall know a whole lot about it first how do you put mp3 on it do you need a cord? and can you put them for your ringtones? and to send email and IM'S do you have to have vtext? thx.

› See More: a few lg vx9900 questions
  2. paulcman

paulcman New Member

First: congratulations on getting the 9900! Great choice.

Second: you can put music on your EnV by one of two methods. You can sync your phone with your Windows XP PC or Laptop running WMP10 (with the Verizon Music Essentials Kit). You can also simply copy your music to the memory card using a card reader.

Third: you can not use your loaded music as ringtones. However, you can Pix Message :30 MP3 clips to your phone, which can be used as ringtones.

Finally: you don't need a text package to check your e-mail on your phone. You have a couple of options. First, you can have your e-mail "pushed" to your phone by using Wireless Sync ($19.99/month, download from GIN). You can also check selected e-mail accounts (Yahoo!, AOL and Hotmail) in Mobile Web 2.0 (included for free with V-Cast feature) or with other downloadable GIN applications that vary by phone. (If your company e-mail comes from a Microsoft Exchange server, you will only be able to check it with Wireless Sync.)

3. nfielder33

nfielder33 New Member

Hello! I have one quick question before I buy this phone and I hope someone out there knows the answer.... On the lg vx9800, you can turn off the red Verizon banner that appears on the top and bottom of the screens... can you do the same thing on the 9900?
    I know it sounds petty but I can't stand the banners, it cuts the already small screen size and this is going to be a major factor between which phone I choose to buy on Friday. Thanks!!!!

4. paulcman

paulcman New Member

Actually, the UI is slightly different on the 9900 (especially the menu system). Go to the store and check it out!

1 person likes this.
  5. 3085

3085 New Member

do I have to have vcast to put mp3's on my phone and do any regular headphones work? thx.

6. CoolNate32

CoolNate32 New Member

Regular headphones won't work without an adapter. And you don't need to be a v-cast suscriber, the mp3 player is free.

7. 3085

3085 New Member

ok thanks if you don't have headphones does the phone go pretty loud?

8. CoolNate32

CoolNate32 New Member

It has stereo speakers, so it would be moderatly loud, but not boom box loud of corse. I know when I had a V3M with music on it it was fairly loud, so i'm sure the enV coudln't be any louder then that. It was loud enough to use as a stereo while riding in a car.

9. 3085

3085 New Member

ok thanks my phone is supposed to be here today so I should have it soon

10. CoolNate32

CoolNate32 New Member

How do you like it?

11. 3085

3085 New Member

I just got it a little bit ago and I love it so far I havent really tried everything out yet but I am planning on getting a micro sd card tonight and i can try the mp3's but I have one question on the navigation thing does it just take your minutes while using or does it cost money? thanks.

12. CoolNate32

CoolNate32 New Member

Both, its $10 dollars a month. Also, uses minutes during load time. If you sign up for the $15.00 dollar a month VCAST pack then the air time is free, but its still the $10.00 to access it. Or, $3.00 a day.

13. Miranda7

Miranda7 New Member

Hey I have one question, this might be a general question and not so much about this (awesome) phone.

When I log into AIM service, I can only see 5 buddy's online, when in fact should be way more than that. All my buddies are in 'mobile devices' but for some reason i can't get my phone to show all of my buddies that are actually online.

Any help?

14. paulcman

paulcman New Member

I have noticed that as well, and I can only think that it is a setting in AIM on your Buddy's end. I am not sure which one.

15. paulcman

paulcman New Member

I have noticed that as well, and I can only think that it is a setting in AIM on your Buddy's end. Interestingly, if you look through your list of "offline buddies", your "missing" buddies are also not showing up "offline".

Last edited: Dec 7, 2006
  16. 3085

3085 New Member

I kinda of have the same problem with MSN messenger except it wont even sign me in it just keeps saying signing in and then it will say something like do you want to keep waiting or sign out and if I hit keep waiting it still will never sign me in does anyone know anything that will fix it?

17. CoolNate32

CoolNate32 New Member

I have the same problem, thats why I don't usually go on aim on my phone.

18. John_Grill

John_Grill New Member

I having a problem with my the mp3 capabilities of the phone. I put music directly on the memory card and put it into the phone and all of the songs do not show up. I will put 38 on there and only 17 are in my library. Is my card bad or is it something else because the pictures i put on it are working.
    I use a 1 gb sandisk microsd card.
    Can anyone help me???

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?