1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

About to buy a LG VX6000, but I hear these things are problems w/ the phone

Discussion in 'LG' started by skaussie99, Jun 29, 2004.

1. skaussie99

skaussie99 New Member

I was talking to someone, a previous owner of a LG VX6000, he said this

"The phone is pretty good. There are a few things that made me hate the phone beyond belief.

First off the caller ID shuts off after 3 minutes so you constantly have to open the phone to check and see if someone called. Second, the phone has no 'alert' feature. Like if someone called or you received a text message, it wont beep to let you know.

If you have time to wait then dont but the VX6000, the VX7000 comes out very soon.
    "

I researched the alert feature online, and never heard anyone else have this problem, except for the fact that you can't set a vibrate alert for text-messaging, which I don't care about, because I won't be texting hardly at all, if ever.

And I couldn't find anything on his caller ID problem, has anyone else heard of this? Or know anything else wrong with the phone, besides the usual "some of them echo after 3 months of use" cell phone problems..

› See More: About to buy a LG VX6000, but I hear these things are problems w/ the phone
  2. skaussie99

skaussie99 New Member

Anyone?!

3. TurboSDime18

TurboSDime18 New Member

Ok, That person that told u that is an idiot. First of all the outside display will go out like they said but all u have to do is push the voice dial button on the side of the phone and it will light up again and tell u how many missed calls u have. I think if only 1 person called then it will show who it was. But you dont have to open it every time. THe phone is awesome so go for it!

4. skaussie99

skaussie99 New Member

I got the phone yesterday, and picked up a data cable today.

I love it, all those problems the guy was talking about, no way. All the alerts are there, you can choose how long the outer display is there, and like you said, you can simply press the outside button to turn on the backlight to see it again.

Sweeet. Highly recommend it.

5. bradford

bradford New Member

just click any button on the side of the phone and you can see your missed calls/messages. never heard of the vx7000

6. nexthescreen

nexthescreen New Member

yeah. u can choose alert options. when i recieve a text message or picture message my phone does my ring. the phone is awesome. ur friend is wrong

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?