1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

Accidentally Washed My VX8360

Discussion in 'LG' started by imablueperson, Jan 11, 2013.

1. imablueperson

imablueperson New Member

Hello,

Let me apologize in advance for this long post.

A few days ago, I washed my old VX8360 flip phone in the laundry. Astonishingly, it still functions to a degree that lets me make calls and talk to people, however the screen display is blank and the external speakers no longer produce sound.

I have photos, videos, sounds, and documents I've collected over the years, and I would very much like to rescue these files somehow (no microSD). Since the phone technically still works behind the scenes, and its memory is still intact, how can I go about salvaging the data? I've already downloaded the general USB driver as well as the Mobile Support Tool, and yet, after installing both of these programs, the phone does not show up as a removable device on my computer.

At this point, what are my options? Surely there must be a way to view the files on my computer and rip them off of the phone.

Is it in any way possible to emulate the phone on an external screen, like a monitor or TV? At the very least, how viable would it be to have the screen display repaired?

Thank you to anyone who reads this post (and replies to it).

› See More: Accidentally Washed My VX8360
  2. jdeg

jdeg Administrator Staff Member

Have you tried using bitpim? It supports most of the old LG VX-xxxx phones.

1 person likes this.
  3. jdeg

1 person likes this.
  4. imablueperson

imablueperson New Member

Wow! BitPim is an absolute godsend! It's exactly what I needed! Thank you so much for your replies!!

Fun fact: the VX8360 wasn't listed in BitPim's supported LG models, but after manually changing it to the VX8560 (Chocolate 3), I'm now able to browse the files on my phone!

Last edited: Jan 11, 2013
  5. Chrislove22

Chrislove22 New Member

Awesome tool. Good info to have. Thanks tavenger!

6. jdeg

Glad it worked for you! :) I was going to suggest setting it to another similar model since they all have similar file systems.

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?