1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

activate verizon lg VX-8700 on page plus?

Discussion in 'LG' started by Rita G., Oct 24, 2012.

1. Rita G.

Rita G. New Member

i have an old verizon LG VX-8700 and it's a really pretty phone. i want to give it to my kid to use, but i'm wondering if this is possible, i mean is it usable? can i get it activated?

› See More: activate verizon lg VX-8700 on page plus?
  2. Rita G.

Rita G. New Member

Re: verizon lg VX-8700?

ok, it appeared this phone was functional; charged battery full & it powered on & all menus seem to work normally, but get 'Service Required' on main screen. i tried to activate it with Page Plus (after making sure esn cleared) but it wouldn't activate. rep said the problem is with phone.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

3. jdeg

jdeg Administrator Staff Member

Re: activate verizon lg VX-8700?

this phone is specific to Verizon, so I doubt you could activate it on page plus. Did they say they could activate that model with that ESN?

4. Rita G.

Rita G. New Member

They actually did activate an account for me and gave me a new phone number, but phone does not work; says 'Service Required' on screen. All menus seem to work ok though.

Does anyone know how to deal with this 'Service Required' thing?

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?