1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

Activation - 4+hours?

Discussion in 'Prepaid' started by neetz93, Nov 14, 2013.

1. neetz93

neetz93 New Member

I just activated, or well, I'm in the process of activating my HTC Rhyme that I had with my family's previous Verizon account to a prepaid plan so that I can manage it on my own.

I got the process all started well over 5 hours ago, got the conformation from my current carrier to switch over, and the CSR stated that it would be 4 hours or less and I'd receive a text message confirming that my phone has been activated.

Well, it's reaching into the fifth hour, and I need to know if it usually takes this long, or if I need to wait and try again in the morning? Is there something I can do to check and see if it's been denied or anything? How long before I'm out of limbo since my other phone no longer has service either?

Any help, advice, or feedback would be greatly appreciated, however please refrain from being negative!

Thank you!

› See More: Activation - 4+hours?
  2. jdeg

jdeg Administrator Staff Member

Did you give them the ESN over the phone?

Try doing a *228 and follow the prompts

3. Alli

Alli Member

I have had very large updates take an hour or so before but I don't see any reason why a simple activation would take this long. Is this something specific to this phone or maybe just Verizon in general?

4. Danielle

Danielle New Member

Wow. I've never heard of something like this taking 5 hours, even when you are trying to port a number. I hope you were able to get everything worked out.

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?