1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

How-to Add and Use Social Networking Accounts (Facebook and Twitter) with the LG Lucid 2

Discussion in 'LG Lucid' started by Lyanna, Apr 7, 2013.

1. Lyanna

Lyanna New Member

Adding a Facebook Account

First off, you need to download the Facebook app from the Google Play Store.

1. From the Home screen, tap Apps.
    2. Then tap Play Store -> touch the Search icon and enter Facebook -> tap the Search icon again to look for Facebook.
    3. Then tap Facebook -> select Install -> tap Accept & download if you agree with the terms of service.
    4. To open the app, press the Back key and tap Open -> in the Email or Phone field, enter your email address or phone number and tap Next.
    Note: If you already have a Facebook account, you just need to enter the Facebook sign in information you already have, but if you’d like to create a new account right now, then select Sign Up for Facebook and follow the on screen prompts that will guide you to start a new account.
    5. Then enter your password in the Password field -> then tap Log In.
    6. If you’d like your contacts to be synced with your Facebook friends, then tap Sync all or Sync with existing contacts, otherwise touch Don’t sync ->then tap Done.

Posting a New Facebook Update

1. Open the Facebook app and then tap the Status icon located at the top left side of the screen.
    2. Enter the message that you’d like to post.
    3. Tap the Camera icon if you want to add a picture.
    4. To add a location, tap the Location icon. This will require you to turn location settings on.
    5. If you want to tag a friend in your status message, tap the Add a Contact icon and select the friend you’d like to add.
    6. Finally, tap the Privacy icon and select whether your post is Public, for Friends or tap Only me.
    7. When finished, tap Post.

Adding a Twitter Account

1. From the Home screen, tap Apps.
    2. Then tap Play Store -> touch the Search icon and enter Facebook -> tap the Search icon again to look for Twitter.
    3. Then tap Twitter -> select Install -> tap Accept & download if you agree with the terms of service.
    4. To open the app, press the Back key and tap Open -> then tap Sign In.
    Note: If you already have a Twitter account, you just need to enter the Twitter sign in information you already have, but if you’d like to create a new account right now, then select Sign Up and follow the on screen prompts that will guide you to start a new account.
    5. In the Email or Phone field, enter your email address or phone number -> touch Next.
    6. Then enter your password in the Password field -> then tap Sign In.
    7. You’ll see a prompt saying Twitter would like to use your current location to customize your experience -> make the desired settings.
    8. Your Twitter account is now set up.

Tweeting

1. Open the Twitter app.
    2. To send a new tweet, tap the Compose icon located at the top right corner of the screen.
    3. Compose your message.
    4. To add a picture to your tweet, tap the Camera icon and select the photo you’d like to add.
    5. To add a location, tap the Location icon.
    6. Make any other changes you wish and when you’re ready to send the tweet, tap the Tweet icon located at the top right corner of the screen.

› See More: Add and Use Social Networking Accounts (Facebook and Twitter) with the LG Lucid 2
  2. BayBay

BayBay New Member

I guess it's just me, but I am not as happy about the Facebook app as others seem to be. I just feel too limited. I guess it is good enough if you just want to read current posts, but I find it hard to add replies.

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?