1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

Alltel HTC Touch Pro on Verizon

Discussion in 'Alltel' started by lilndn, Mar 1, 2010.

1. lilndn

lilndn New Member

i recently bought an alltel htc touch pro from ebay but when i tried to activate it for verizon, the people wouldn't let me i called them and tried over the internet. they said that the esn isn't compatible with their service, but they filled out a form to make it compatible. basically they're gonna add the esn to the verizon database. i was wondering if anyone knows how to get an alltel htc touch pro activated on verizon?

› See More: Alltel HTC Touch Pro on Verizon
  2. nicknrm

nicknrm Super Moderator

Well, up until recently, Verizon Wireless was able to activate ANY CDMA device...that means from Sprint, Alltel, and other related carriers. Recently, this ability has been abused. Verizon didn't design this so that their own customers could go to Alltel and purchase a device at full retail and activate it on Verizon's network. They really wanted their own customers to remain loyal to them.

They've done away with the ability to bring in any other device at will. You now need to call them, ask them kindly, and then they'll put you on a list with 50 million other customers wanting to do the same. This process can take 60-90 days to complete and is the ONLY available method to bring in a non-Verizon handset.

Some representatives are capable of adding your phone manually, but these are superior techs.

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?