1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

Alltel/verizon phone question clearing ens number

Discussion in 'Alltel' started by paulss, May 27, 2010.

1. paulss

paulss New Member

Advice or feedback is much appreciated.

My daughters phone just stopped working. After I purchased a phone on ebay which has not yet been delivered I see where I am responsible in small print to clear the ens number. I purchased the same alltel phone just to replace my daughters phone until our contract with the alltel plan is up in October.

we started with alltel before verizon bought them so we are still on an alltel plan with alltel phones.

Now, how does one get the ens number cleared. I am very unhappy with this seller who says its ready to use but says it needs an ens cleared in small print.

I know I probably skimmed the page and obviously did not read it completely, but it still gripes me....

Thanks

› See More: Alltel/verizon phone question clearing ens number
  2. rrrb

rrrb New Member

This could mean two things:
    1. Check to see whether the ESN is clear to activate on the network (not on the blocked list for phones report lost, stolen, or on accounts with a balance unpaid).
    2. Release the ESN from an existing account, if the phone has not been replaced on that account yet.

You can call your carrier to check #1. You can also pay someone to check the ESN to see whether it is clear.
    I do not believe that you can do #2. Only the owner of the account can request this.

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?