1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

Amp'd Mobile (Pay-As-You-Go)

Discussion in 'amp'd mobile' started by Manefaces05, Mar 19, 2007.

1. Manefaces05

Manefaces05 New Member

How Does Amp'd Mobile (Pay-As-You-Go) Work Or Go About...& The Push-2-Talk How Does That Go About Also?

› See More: Amp'd Mobile (Pay-As-You-Go)
  2. stevesteve5

stevesteve5 New Member

it is like normal pay as you go phones a you can only push 2 talk ampd mobile people.

3. Manefaces05

Manefaces05 New Member

O Ok Well I Decided Not To Go Wit Amp'd Mobile After All 2 Many Complains Bout The Company, Service, Representitives,Etc...

4. cheapmobile

cheapmobile New Member

Actually Apmd is decent as a prepaid as long as you don't mind the hassle with getting it setup in the first place. It takes a little time, but it's worth it with all of the features Ampd offers. I am very happy with it! You can easily check your amount remaining ($$) and download MP3s, videos, ringtones, etc. and all at broadband speed using Verizon network. I even got my phone setup to use as a modem with my laptop. Just plug in USB and connect wirelessly anywhere I have a signal (which is practically everywhere).

I would NOT recommend using Ampd with a service plan!!! Prepaid ONLY! And if you do use them, don't use the fill-up feature to charge your debit or credit card. Just go to Circuit City or Best Buy to buy the fill-up cards or buy them online from someone besides Ampd.

5. k4e4n

k4e4n New Member

6. cheapmobile

cheapmobile New Member

The fill-up or "Load-up" feature through Amp'd Live doesn't always give you the credit on your account, but it will always charge you no matter what. This uses a debit or credit card. The fill-up cards you buy have a pin number that you enter into your phone and that gives you immidiate credit.

I would suggest not giving your credit card info to Amp'd... just buy what you need so there are no surprises. So far I am very happy with Amp'd - I browse the web on the mini-browser, download ringtones, etc. and it doesn't cost much at all. The way the prepaid with Amp'd works is more like a debit account, not minutes remaining since there are so many cool features that you can use your $$ for besides just minutes.

7. OldSoftware

OldSoftware New Member

Ebay has Amp'd recharge cards without tax and a few cents cheaper.

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?