1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!

Any chance Verizon would be nice enough to help me out?

Discussion in 'General Verizon Service' started by Xparasite, Oct 22, 2011.

1. Xparasite

Xparasite New Member

So, back in April of this year, I got a Thunderbolt, and a new two year agreement. Now, I'm looking to sell my Thunderbolt and get the Galaxy Nexus when it releases. I'm assuming the off contract price will be about $600-650, which is fine, and I'm hoping to make about a third of that back from selling my Thunderbolt, anyway.

But I'm curious, how likely is it that Verizon would give me some discount on the price of the Nexus? I don't expect they'd give me the upgrade price (probably about $300), since I'm only about six months in to my current agreement, but would they give me any kind of discount at all? What about discounts I have through my employer? I've heard you can apply them to accessories, but could you apply them to off contract phones, as well?

If not, it's not a huge deal. I'll pay the $600-650 if I have to, but if there's a possibility I might be able to nab it for a little cheaper, can you blame me for trying?

› See More: Any chance Verizon would be nice enough to help me out?
  2. sy_co1984

sy_co1984 New Member

yeah you won't have luck with an upgrade. The period you have to wait for an upgrade is a year. They only make exceptions to this rule on very very limited circumstances. I'm sure you can find the phone for cheaper online somewhere.
  3. camstuf

camstuf /\/\s.Super/\/\odette

Good luck, please post back with your outcome.
    This new phones coming out every month and 2 year contract crap is getting out of hand.

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?