1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

Any new phones on the horizon for Verizon?

Discussion in 'General Verizon Service' started by sac02, Apr 4, 2006.

1. sac02

sac02 New Member

My VZW contract will be expiring in the next month and I'm starting to look into what new phone I want to get with my "new every 2" credit. Currently the razr is the top of my list, because size is important to me. :smart: But the lack of mp3 playback is the one big strike against the razr in my shopping criteria.

Question is, the razr has been around for a while now (though not at verizon all that long) and other companies are getting new super slim phones (slvr; cingular). Does anyone have any inside info if Verizon will be getting a version of the slvr, or an updated razr (say, w/ iTunes?)?

Cliff notes: should I delay my phone purchase for a little while if there is a new "hot" phone coming to verizon soon?

Thanks,

Mac

› See More: Any new phones on the horizon for Verizon?
  2. OBXVZW21

OBXVZW21 enjoys shooting nutria

cingular probably has a lock on the slvr for a year, there arent any new "hot" verizon phones coming out soon that i have heard of. i've seen a water resistant casio phone on phone scoop that had verizon markings on it.

3. kphone

kphone New Member

I was planning on switching to Verizon since most my friends and family use them - so if there are no new phones coming - what is the best of Verizon's current phones that have:

best reception (in Atl so it shouldn't be too bad anyway right?)
    has a decent/reasonable camera
    speakerphone
    voice dialing
    photo caller id
    tri/quad band
    MP3
    bluetooth
    (am I pushing it there? :rolleyes: )

not partial to flips or size.

Thanks!

4. OBXVZW21

for those features you have the

Moto e-815 which is an awsome phone for reception
    LG vx8100 these lg's take miniSD's so you can have up to 1gb cards my gf's 8100 doesn't seem to like the 1gb so much but it works great with my 9800
    LG vx9800
    Samsung a950 & a970 the 970 has a 2mp camera.

5. kphone

kphone New Member

Thanks, OBXVZW21! I appreciate the info!

6. OBXVZW21

anytime if you have any other questions just give a shout :D

7. jsimon0201

jsimon0201 New Member

Hey OBXVZW21,

Of the phones you suggested above, which one would you recommend the most? The e-815 sounds like it has the best voice quality, and I keep reading there are a ton of features that can be unlocked on the phone. Anything special abouthe LG or Samsung models?

Oh, and do any of those models allow you to use MP3s as ringtones?

8. OBXVZW21

i would recomend the 9800 because thats what i have. i really dont know much about the mp3 ringers i use Get It Now for all my ringtones because it's just easier that way and i really dont care that much about my ringtones.

none of the phones really have a standout feature that makes one really better over the other except the 9800 has a keyboard.

9. sac02

sac02 New Member

Ok, I'm torn... The razr appears to be to my liking except for the fact that it doesn't play mp3s.

I'm considering a third option, I guess: Only sign a one year contract and pay $50 more for the phone, and have options on a new phone in a year.

Or... how does insurance work? If something was to "happen" to my razr a month or two after a new razr or slvr came out, would I have the option of upgrading for a reasonable price? Or would I have to keep the same phone I had currently? just brainstorming... :evil:

Mac

10. OBXVZW21

they will replace the phone you currently have, the only way to get a different phone would be if the model you had was discontinued.

$4.99/month
    $50 deductible

11. sac02

sac02 New Member

I'm reading on other sites that the V3m should be coming to Verizon soon.

http://www.mobiledia.com/news/45746.html

I would really like a phone w/ mp3 capability, and I also really like the look/size of the razr, so I think I'll wait a bit.

Mac

12. OBXVZW21

yah i heard about that phone in early november and a motorola rep told me it would be out in Feb. but it's a little past that so maybe sometime this summer.

13. paulcman

paulcman New Member

Man, that really blows! I had to go out and buy my V3c the day it came in at my Verizon Store. Now they come out with this V3m that has removable memory media!

I hate always trying to be the first kid on the block with the newest toys!

14. sac02

sac02 New Member

In regards to my plan to wait until the V3m is out - does the "new every 2" credit ever expire?

Basically ->

1. My contract is up in May
    2. I might have to wait on the V3m for a few months
    3. Should I worry about losing my credit for a new phone if I don't use it within a certain time of my contract expiring?

I guess I should just go month-to-month after my contract expires, until the V3m comes out?

Mac

15. OBXVZW21

your NE2 might expire after 6 months not 100% sure of this but i know it not before that long. it might not ever expire, i think i just might have seen something about that somewhere. you should be ok though.

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?