1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

App for recording calls?

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by Keanu, May 26, 2015.

1. Keanu

Keanu New Member

My mom has this old Samsung Android handset and she wants to improve her phone's call quality. She wants to know if there is an app that can help her record some calls so that she can play them back later. She is forgetful at her age and she would like some help with a recorder.

› See More: App for recording calls?
  2. Phoneman

Phoneman Member

I know of several apps that will help you improve the sound quality of the music that you play on your phone but I do not know of any apps that can improve call quality. I think that is dependent on the hardware and also on the networks quality.

As far as sound recording is concerned you will get plenty of tabs in the Android store.

3. Garfield

Garfield New Member

I have used ACR, a call recording app available on Google Play. You can sort the recording by date and even autodelete them after a certain period.

The best part is that it can be synced with Dropbox so that you have a backup on your computer as well. There are many other recording apps in the Android store and many of them are free.

4. Darth

Darth New Member

ACR is quite good and I have tried it. It has a lot of features available and is very convenient to use. Since I have Dropbox account I could save a backup easily and did not have any problem. I tried many others apps for recording calls but I found ACR to be the best.

5. Dialtone

Dialtone Member

Call recorder is pretty good because it records both sides of the conversation unlike some apps that will record only one side of it. Besides it turns on as soon as the call begins and you don't have to fumble around and put the caller on hold while you go looking for the recording button. It may seem too obvious if you do that especially if you are trying to catch the caller for something.

6. Jackson

Jackson New Member

I was using a software earlier that was record is only one part of the conversation and did not complete the entire recording. I found out later that it was saving the recording on my phone which was short of memory. I had an external memory card but then the software did not have an option save recordings on it.

7. Demello

Demello New Member

But why do you need to record calls? I trust all my friends who call me and have never found the need of recording any calls. In fact, my friend has a call recorded on his phone and he ran out of memory so soon that he could not save any more apps on his phone.

8. Snapper

Snapper New Member

If it is an old phone it may be better to change it and get a new one. The reason being that the latest phones have far more sensitive parts than the older phones and that makes them receive calls much better and with excellent clarity. I would highly recommend a new iPhone 6s which is the best phone in the market today.

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?