1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

Are you satisfied with Verizon?

Discussion in 'General Verizon Service' started by jdeg, Nov 20, 2013.

?

Are you satisfied with Verizon?

1. Yes

21 vote(s)
    32.3%
  2. Sometimes

23 vote(s)
    35.4%
  3. No

21 vote(s)
    32.3%
  1. jdeg

jdeg Administrator Staff Member

What do you think of Verizon's services? Are you satisfied with what you are getting? If not, why? What would you change?

› See More: Are you satisfied with Verizon?
  2. Arborist

Arborist Member

Overall, yes I am happy with Verizon. They do have the largest and most stable network out there. I don't think anyone can touch them on that. There are a few things I wish were better but no one's perfect.

3. GetAway

GetAway New Member

I'm fairly happy with Verizon. We were with a different company for years and finally got sick of all the random, mystery charges they kept tacking on, so we switched. I do miss our unlimited data plan, but we couldn't justify the full price on a new cell phone for hubby and decided to add on two smart phones.

4. Cdog

Cdog New Member

There are some things I wish didn't happen at times but overall they are very good. I mean I came from At&t and they are basically the same price but you get a lot more dropped calls and coverage gaps.

5. Axl

Axl Member

Not satisfied with the slow updates for Android. I bought a gear watch and the thing won't work without Android 4.3
    So when the heck is Verizon going to push it out? We're always the last to get them.
    Maybe it's time to go with a different carrier after 20+ years with this company.

6. Axl

Axl Member

I have Caller ID included in my contract, but it doesn't work.
    Verizon wants me to pay an additional $2.99/month for the Caller Name ID app.
    Thieves.

7. Axl

Axl Member

Verizon wants me to pay $30/month in order to tether a laptop to my phone.
    With the 4.3 update, ALL free tethering apps have been broken.
    Thieves.

8. Alli

Alli Member

I used them for a very short time and they were fine. I just ended up moving into an area that my company switched providers due to cost reasons (for the devices we wanted, not really the plans but they were suckered into the deal). I know many people who will stay with a company only due to loyalty too, Verizon is one of them.

9. tstone

tstone New Member

Am I satisfied with Verizon? I used to be. No longer. Every time there's a chance for Verizon to redeem itself, they do the exact opposite. For example:

1)Seems every time I add a line or upgrade a device I need to change my plan - which always involves getting less for more money.
    2)Activation fees for upgrading a device seem inane to me. You're getting a customer tied down for another two years, but you feel the need to charge them anyway for the loyalty.
    3)Wait times at Verizon stores are far too long.
    4)I cannot remove a device from my plan, despite being well past the two year commitment. I can only suspend it for 3 months, and then Verizon activates the device again automatically. Seriously? You can easily add just about anything to your plan online, you just can't remove anything. Bad form.

Verizon acts like it has no competition. I tried to upgrade my wife's original Samsung Galaxy Tab 7" to an iPad air this past weekend. Before I did, however, I checked the competition. I ended up buying the iPad from AT&T, got more data for a lower monthly cost, and didn't have to wait 30-45 minutes to do it. (Every Verizon store I went to had wait times this long.) As soon as the contract is up on my kids' phone, I'm moving everything over to AT&T. The truth is you have competition, and they're beating you in every way.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2014
  10. FirstTimeHTC

FirstTimeHTC New Member

Most of the time, I am satisfied. I don't get the sneaky charges that I was getting with other companies, my coverage is great, but I've recently found that I can get basically the same plan as I have now with a different company for $100 less than what I'm paying now.

11. Flappy

Flappy New Member

I am completely satisfied with Verizon - never had a problem and have enjoyed the experience. Moreover, it has the best plans amongst all the companies. I make a lot of calls and Verizon suits me the best.

12. Narito

Narito New Member

As long as I don't get the wrong charges on my bill I am fine with any carrier. Verizon has good plans and good connectivity and that keeps me happy without any complaints.

13. MicroMomma

MicroMomma New Member

For the most part, I guess I'm satisfied. Our plan, in my opinion, is outrageous. We found out we could be getting our same plan, with a 4th line cheaper than what we are paying now. If the trend continues, we might be forced to change.

14. soimcrazy

soimcrazy New Member

I'm not going to complain about the reception, but they charge an arm/leg.

I'm shopping around, maybe AT&T

15. Scrooper

Scrooper New Member

All in all, I must say that I am pretty satisfied with Verizon. Then again, I haven't had much of anything to contact customer service about. That is when you really find out how good a company is.

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?