1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!

auxiliary antenna; general tech question

Discussion in 'General Verizon Service' started by glendot, Jun 19, 2007.

1. glendot

glendot New Member

I have a Radio Shack catalog 17-345 small, auxiliary antenna which really helped with my Motorola V260 cell phone. However, it doesn't work with my new LG VX8300 cell phone. I believe both phones use the same frequency. So whats the difference with the two phones?

A general question - I believe there are two frequencies for cell phones, 800MHZ and 1900 MHZ. So when I use my 800 MHZ phone to call someone with a 1900 MHZ phone, how does it get there? Does every call go out from the cell towers at both frequencies? Also, how does the system find the receiving cell phone, which could be anywhere in the world? Do all calls go to all cell towers and at two frequencies?

Glenn

› See More: auxiliary antenna; general tech question
  2. glendot

glendot New Member

I found a multi band antenna that works on my new cell phone.

As for how do the signals all get sorted out, etc: Whenever your cell phone is turned on, it stays in contact with the nearest tower, so the system knows where you are and what frequency you are on.

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?