1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

Backup Assistant

Discussion in 'LG enV' started by STORMSEEKER419, Jun 26, 2010.

1. STORMSEEKER419

STORMSEEKER419 New Member

I have been having trouble with my EnV3 ... if I enter contacts online via the Backup Assistant, none of the groups or addresses I have entered will transfer to the phone. If I enter them on the phone (very tedious) the information does not transfer to the online version.

Furthermore, if I do a "backup" via the phone, I lose all my ICE contacts, my personalized ring tones and my speed dial assignments. These have to be re-entered every time a backup occurs. I have taken to uninstalling the backup assistant for now so I don't have to keep entering all this information but it kind of defeats the purpose of having brought an LG phone from Verizon to not use the feature.

Anyone else have this issue? I'm hesitant to take the phone back for a new one in case it has the same issues ... I am tempted to go back to returning it and using my old EnV2 ... a phone I have had for over 2 years and have never had a bit of trouble.

› See More: Backup Assistant
  2. ClMeX

ClMeX New Member

Mine's yet to have such a FUBAR error occur despite multiple backups. It sounds like something on that particular phone may be amiss.

3. STORMSEEKER419

STORMSEEKER419 New Member

Did you have Backup Assistant already set up online when you started using it with your current phone? I'm wondering if it has something to do with the fact that I already had 100 contacts on my online list. You'd think that wouldn't be an issue since the whole idea of Backup Assistant is to be able to find the info if you get a new phone ...

4. Lany1985

Lany1985 New Member

Try to keep a hardcopy for yourself of your contacts. I previously lost all my contacts due to a girl choosing the wrong option for backup assistant and deleting all of my info.

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?