1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!

Backup to Micro SD Card

Discussion in 'LG enV' started by alison352, Sep 8, 2008.

1. alison352

alison352 New Member

Hi,

I have a LG VX9900 (aka orange envy). I was wondering if there is a way to backup my contacts to the sd micro card in my phone? Even better would being able to back up my games also (they're not on a subscription).

Thanks!

› See More: Backup to Micro SD Card
  2. enigma-2

enigma-2 New Member

I use a Micro SD card-to-USB adaptor. Pull out the Micro SD card (no need to shut off the phone) plug it into the adaptor, plug the adaptor into the USB port, and access it using Windows Explorer. Just drag-n-drop the card contents to your C drive (or whatever) and an exact folder-by-folder copy is made.

Do a search on eBay, they're about $5 (free shipping). About the size of a flash drive and once the SD card is plugged in, operate exactly the same. Couldn't be faster or easier.
  3. alison352

alison352 New Member

Thanks for your reply enigma. Thanks for the info about sd card/usb adapters! I just bought one on ebay like you recommended!

But how do I copy my info from the phone to the card? Pictures and music were easy to back up but I can't figure out contacts...or games if I'm lucky...

:rolleyes2: hmmmmmmm....

Thanks!
  4. me10lee83

me10lee83 New Member

If you have BitPim you can transfer your contacts there, then save them as a csv file on the card.

Personally I use the backup assistant program (free if you sign up for a free online vzw account) which backs up your contacts once a day to the Verizon server. You can view, save, and print them online, and download them onto any Verizon phone.
  5. rwgfx

rwgfx New Member

Backup Assistant is really the best way to backup contacts. And the $1.99 fee is waived if you get an account with Verizon online (which is also very convenient as it lets you check your bill and phone usage anytime).

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?