1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

Bad signal since upgrade

Discussion in 'Alltel' started by kmay, Jul 5, 2010.

1. kmay

kmay New Member

Hi,

I have been trying to figure out why we can no longer get a good signal with our phones since I upgraded last March.

I upgraded to an LG Tritan, my husband kept his older Motorola.

Since then we can no longer make or receive calls when we are at our cabin in Hart, MI - they always drop. With my LG, I can check my emails, make and receive texts, browse the internet, just not talk to anyone. We have to drive down the road two miles to get a reliable signal. Even in Muskegon, which is a much larger town, we will get dropped calls but not nearly as bad as our cabin.

I have called tech support numerous times, filed trouble tickets and visited Alltel stores without any luck. Everyone I have talked to states that NOTHING has changed as far as the merger or what towers we are using but obviously something has changed. And if I had a buck for everytime they make me update my PRL.

We have been with Alltel since 2002 without a single problem. Ever. BTW, We switched to Alltel from Verizon because we couldn't get a good signal with Verizon at the cabin either.

It must have something to do with now having a data plan??

Any suggestions? The only thing I can think of is to give up my LG and go back to regular voice phones.

Thanks.

› See More: Bad signal since upgrade

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?