1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!

Best Verizon Phone?

Discussion in 'alt.cellular.verizon' started by rpr, Jan 2, 2004.

  1. rpr

    rpr Guest

    Anyone know what the best verizon phone is?



    › See More: Best Verizon Phone?

  2. SmartyPants

    SmartyPants Guest

    > Anyone know what the best verizon phone is?

    That's easy... whichever phone comes out on the 16th day following the
    upgrade of my present phone, making me kick myself for 10 months until I can
    upgrade again! Next time ask me a hard question.

    Seriously, you have to be more specific with your needs & desires. Do you
    want a camera? Flip? PTT? Speakerphone? Audible voicemail reminder?
    That is my particular reason to want to upgrade from my LG VX4400, which I
    think is a very good phone otherwise. Color Screen(s)? Gaming/Get It Now?
    Text messaging? Scheduler? PDA equivalent? Tri-Mode? Long battery life?
    Go to www.verizonwireless.com and www.phonescoop.com and snoop around.
    Make up your wish list and post it.here.

    ___
    address bot proofed and human safe
  3. Andy S

    Andy S Guest

    > "rpr" <rprood@prodigy.net>
    > wrote in message news:u0lJb.16149$ZR4.9476@newssvr33.news.prodigy.com...
    > Anyone know what the best verizon phone is?
    >

    The best phone on VZW for me MAY NOT be the best
    for you.

    If you're looking for information in terms of a phone that will
    hold signal, has good/great battery life the try these links.

    www.phonescoop.com

    www.verizonwireless.com

    www.cnet.com and click on the cell phone link


    Also look into the area(s) you'd be most likely to be using the phone

    I've had no real problems with any phone I've used with VZW.
    Motorola v60i, Motorola Talkabout, Motorola 7760,
    Nokia 2380, Nokia 232, Motorola flip. Motorola brick.
    These are all over the last 10 plus years.
    Remeber YMMV

    --
    Andrew D. Sisson
  4. Harry Krause

    Harry Krause Guest

    rpr wrote:

    > Anyone know what the best verizon phone is?


    Too many variables. I look for long standby life and long talk time.
    I've had Nokias over the years and now Motorolas. I find the Nokias are
    higher-quality phones.




    --
    Email sent to piedtypecase@yahoo.com is never read.
  5. Harry Krause <piedtypecase@yahoo.com> wrote:
    > rpr wrote:
    >
    >> Anyone know what the best verizon phone is?

    >
    > Too many variables. I look for long standby life and long talk time.
    > I've had Nokias over the years and now Motorolas. I find the Nokias are
    > higher-quality phones.


    As much as Nokia has irritated me over the years with their lack of CDMA
    support, I agree 100% with Harry. I've owned four Nokias since first starting
    cellular service in 1993, and they're all solid as bricks.

    And if they've finally gotten their CDMA act together, I may become a customer
    once again. I will *never* buy another Motorola.

    --
    JustThe.net Internet & New Media Services
    22674 Motnocab Road * Apple Valley, CA 92307-1950
    Steve Sobol, Geek In Charge * 888.480.4NET (4638) * sjsobol@JustThe.net
  6. rpr

    rpr Guest

    Want no camera. Currently have the 720.

    "SmartyPants" <aipeasr@hot(remove_this)mail.com> wrote in message
    news:C7lJb.45917$cM1.7892924@twister.nyc.rr.com...
    > > Anyone know what the best verizon phone is?

    >
    > That's easy... whichever phone comes out on the 16th day following the
    > upgrade of my present phone, making me kick myself for 10 months until I

    can
    > upgrade again! Next time ask me a hard question.
    >
    > Seriously, you have to be more specific with your needs & desires. Do you
    > want a camera? Flip? PTT? Speakerphone? Audible voicemail reminder?
    > That is my particular reason to want to upgrade from my LG VX4400, which I
    > think is a very good phone otherwise. Color Screen(s)? Gaming/Get It

    Now?
    > Text messaging? Scheduler? PDA equivalent? Tri-Mode? Long battery

    life?
    > Go to www.verizonwireless.com and www.phonescoop.com and snoop around.
    > Make up your wish list and post it.here.
    >
    > ___
    > address bot proofed and human safe
    >
    >
  7. David S

    David S Guest

    On Fri, 02 Jan 2004 20:28:44 -0600, Steven J Sobol <sjsobol@JustThe.net>
    chose to add this to the great equation of life, the universe, and
    everything:

    > I agree 100% with Harry.


    Gee, that didn't take long. ;-)

    Only four days ago, it was

    >Your failure to post a single on-topic message to this particular newsgroup
    >speaks more loudly about your cluelessness regarding Usenet than anything Larry
    >has ever posted.
    >
    >Having read his posts to alt.cellular.verizon, and having read yours, and
    >having found more relevant content (much more) in his, I am willing to believe
    >him before I believe you.


    Ah well, it's a new year...

    -
    David Streeter, "an internet god" -- Dave Barry
    http://home.att.net/~dwstreeter
    Expect a train on ANY track at ANY time.
    "DRUG STORE BODY. Let's get the Good Shape and have a sexy body just like a
    pig." - slogan on a pair of Japanese overalls
  8. David S <dwstreeter@att.net> wrote:
    > On Fri, 02 Jan 2004 20:28:44 -0600, Steven J Sobol <sjsobol@JustThe.net>
    > chose to add this to the great equation of life, the universe, and
    > everything:
    >
    >> I agree 100% with Harry.

    >
    > Gee, that didn't take long. ;-)


    > Only four days ago, it was
    >
    >>Your failure to post a single on-topic message to this particular newsgroup
    >>speaks more loudly about your cluelessness regarding Usenet than anything Larry
    >>has ever posted.


    Well, he *did* start posting stuff actually related to Verizon, so I'd
    be williing to believe that his clue-level has risen a bit. And I do
    agree 100% with Harry ON THAT PARTICULAR POINT. :p~~~~~~~~~~~~

    So, are you done twisting my statement around to suit your purposes? :)


    --
    JustThe.net Internet & New Media Services
    22674 Motnocab Road * Apple Valley, CA 92307-1950
    Steve Sobol, Geek In Charge * 888.480.4NET (4638) * sjsobol@JustThe.net
  9. Al Klein

    Al Klein Guest

    On Sat, 03 Jan 2004 07:07:58 GMT, "rpr" <rprood@prodigy.net> posted to
    alt.cellular.verizon:

    >Want no camera. Currently have the 720.


    Almost any phone is better than the 720, but what else do you want?
    Speakerphone? Long standby battery life? Long talk battery life?
    Flip or candy bar?
  10. David S

    David S Guest

    On Sat, 03 Jan 2004 12:20:11 -0600, Steven J Sobol <sjsobol@JustThe.net>
    chose to add this to the great equation of life, the universe, and
    everything:

    >David S <dwstreeter@att.net> wrote:
    >> On Fri, 02 Jan 2004 20:28:44 -0600, Steven J Sobol <sjsobol@JustThe.net>
    >> chose to add this to the great equation of life, the universe, and
    >> everything:
    >>
    >>> I agree 100% with Harry.

    >>
    >> Gee, that didn't take long. ;-)

    >
    >> Only four days ago, it was
    >>
    >>>Your failure to post a single on-topic message to this particular newsgroup
    >>>speaks more loudly about your cluelessness regarding Usenet than anything Larry
    >>>has ever posted.

    >
    >Well, he *did* start posting stuff actually related to Verizon, so I'd
    >be williing to believe that his clue-level has risen a bit. And I do
    >agree 100% with Harry ON THAT PARTICULAR POINT. :p~~~~~~~~~~~~
    >
    >So, are you done twisting my statement around to suit your purposes? :)


    Who, me? 8o)

    My only purpose is to promote harmony and accord between all denizens of
    usenet.

    --
    David Streeter, "an internet god" -- Dave Barry
    http://home.att.net/~dwstreeter
    Expect a train on ANY track at ANY time.
    "If you let males plan weddings you are going to wind up with Skee Ball at
    the reception." - Dave Barry
  11. Harry Krause

    Harry Krause Guest

    David S wrote:

    > On Sat, 03 Jan 2004 12:20:11 -0600, Steven J Sobol <sjsobol@JustThe.net>
    > chose to add this to the great equation of life, the universe, and
    > everything:
    >
    >>David S <dwstreeter@att.net> wrote:
    >>> On Fri, 02 Jan 2004 20:28:44 -0600, Steven J Sobol <sjsobol@JustThe.net>
    >>> chose to add this to the great equation of life, the universe, and
    >>> everything:
    >>>
    >>>> I agree 100% with Harry.
    >>>
    >>> Gee, that didn't take long. ;-)

    >>
    >>> Only four days ago, it was
    >>>
    >>>>Your failure to post a single on-topic message to this particular newsgroup
    >>>>speaks more loudly about your cluelessness regarding Usenet than anything Larry
    >>>>has ever posted.

    >>
    >>Well, he *did* start posting stuff actually related to Verizon, so I'd
    >>be williing to believe that his clue-level has risen a bit. And I do
    >>agree 100% with Harry ON THAT PARTICULAR POINT. :p~~~~~~~~~~~~
    >>
    >>So, are you done twisting my statement around to suit your purposes? :)

    >
    > Who, me? 8o)
    >
    > My only purpose is to promote harmony and accord between all denizens of
    > usenet.
    >


    You fellows need to mellow out. This is only usenet and it is only about
    cell phones.

    --
    Email sent to piedtypecase@yahoo.com is never read.
  12. Harry Krause <piedtypecase@yahoo.com> wrote:

    > You fellows need to mellow out. This is only usenet and it is only about
    > cell phones.


    Note the smileys after my post and David's.

    Also remember that this *is* Usenet, also known as Flamefest Central...

    I try to avoid getting into flamewars, but the medium in general lends itself
    to them...

    --
    JustThe.net Internet & New Media Services
    22674 Motnocab Road * Apple Valley, CA 92307-1950
    Steve Sobol, Geek In Charge * 888.480.4NET (4638) * sjsobol@JustThe.net

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.


Forgot your password?