1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

Blackberry Plans To Layoff 40% of Workforce

Discussion in 'BlackBerry' started by Benji, Sep 19, 2013.

1. Benji

Benji New Member

› See More: Blackberry Plans To Layoff 40% of Workforce
  2. sarahc

sarahc New Member

I would have to agree. Blackberry did a good job for several years with their operating system and data capabilities, but they were slow to advance with the other smartphones. They are probably failing because they didn't integrate a better system sooner than they did. I feel sorry for their employees that are being laid off.

3. Chris

Chris New Member

Yeah, I was just having this conversation with my friend. Back in 2005 one of my bosses had a Blackberry, and he was addicted to that thing. Now I know why they called them "Crackberry". Too bad they waited too long to go to touch screens and faster components. How did they expect everyone to switch right away even if we could? Most customers are on a contract anyways.

4. Benji

Benji New Member

One thing I noticed is that the new Blackberry OS is a lot faster! The older phones were a bit slow, and didn't have great HTML usability. It's true that they definitely waited too long to jump into a crowded market.

5. Chris

Chris New Member

Yeah, you know how tough it is to get a job out there today and your resume is going to read "Blackberry". Ouch! Not that their skills can't be transferred, but it's still a kick in the gut.

6. DeeJ

DeeJ New Member

There's so many companies that won't survive this transition of our economy. Blockbuster has been reduced significantly, Borders book stores, and the many others who went down are all just because they weren't looking ahead down the road.

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?