1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

How-to block a number on verizon

Discussion in 'General Verizon Service' started by Phyco_can, Oct 13, 2006.

1. verizonchained

verizonchained New Member

Re: how do i block a specific phone number

Just a note on the My Verizon solution, the MAJORITY of cell numbers on the Verizon networks CANNOT use this FREE feature. The parental control option which is right above the spam control option but is $4.99 a month, does allow you to do many things including blocking specific incoming and outgoing calls. So from this I get it's only about money and nothing about customer service, if I can use the $4.99 parental option to block certain incoming numbers it's obvious that Verzion has the power to do this on ALL cells and the fact that the FREE spam option which would allow me to block certain incoming calls is not available for most is just more proof of the profit over service idea. I can't wait til my Verizon contract is up, it will be my last.

› See More: block a number on verizon
  2. lootMark

lootMark New Member

I have a Blackberry and I can block people from calling me by using a program that BerryWAV made called Efficient Call Blocker. My exgirlfriend use to call me all the time. Last time she called me, this program blocked her and I had setup a custom voice mail that made her hear a message saying that my number is no longer in service. Need to check this out!!

3. killies77

killies77 New Member

Hi:

Can you pls. send me the voice message .mp3 which you have created on killies77 attherate yahoo.com

Thanks in advance.

Pop

4. terellkirby

terellkirby New Member

Good evening. Once you registered online with verizon, you can go into your account and block up to five numbers. You can also block certain emails that also come to your phone. I hope this was helpful.

5. IanKimmel

IanKimmel New Member

very useful.

6. Harleydreamr85

Harleydreamr85 New Member

You can do this online through Verizon Wireless at your personal account page. If you haven't registered your phone its s very simple process and takes just a couple minutes then you can be on your way to blocking people! I just did it this morning to some very nasty people I once had problems with but, never again will I have to deal with them!! Yay me!! It's worth the time to register your phone and enter their numbers. :)

Go to verizon and register your phone for your personal account, if you haven't gotten one already. Once in, mouse over the My Services tab and a drop down will appear, there you will see Spam Controls, click on it and *BAM* the first thing you see is a place to enter phone numbers that you want blocked from both calling and texting you!! How wonderful is that???? And soooo simple!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D

7. gina pakingan

gina pakingan New Member

how do i block specific number from calling and texting to my number?

8. revolutions

revolutions New Member

Thanks Tellkirby. i have a telemarketer that wont stop calling

9. Jmiller9459

Jmiller9459 New Member

If you log into myverizon they let you block up to five numbers for up to 90 days.

1 person likes this.
  10. Marry Black

Marry Black New Member

Why not change your phone number?

11. apullen

apullen New Member

that's a brilliant idea! can you send it to me? I know this post is really old but i would really appreciate it if you could send it to my email alipullen756@yahoo.com, i;m depserate here! i can't block the guys number because he changes it every time! but it's always the same area code so i know when it's him.
    i'd love to get that mp3! thanks!

12. jdeg

jdeg Administrator Staff Member

updated for latest interface and the $4.99 option

13. spio123

spio123 Banned

14. Rinki Garg

Rinki Garg New Member

Nice information given Spum, thanks for this.

15. mehmet-dx

mehmet-dx New Member

Do it the right way...the patrick bateman way

16. Pallavi bhowmi

Pallavi bhowmi New Member

08010015033 9617249923 9175675280 8982487061 this Numbers are irritating me so much they continious calling me and I want to block this number.

17. Greenwood

Greenwood New Member

I am not a member. But would like to be, and know how to block from my mobile and house phone.
    Please can you help.

18. slnelson

slnelson New Member

This answer was perfect and spot-on! Thanks so much :laugh:

19. Sirene31

Sirene31 New Member

Hey can u send me that link on how to stop being pestered by a telemarketer? I have been harassed by a 503 area code telemarketer.. They call at 6am and usually at least 3 more times and hang up. I want to know who this person who is doing this so I can sue her and the company she works for. She spoke to me once and said "Hello Megan" (which is not my name or anyone I know!) in a horrible, insidious voice. I've tried everything. I can't change my phone number nor pay my damn phone company ANY AMOUNT OF MONEY just to stop getting harassed. This is totally f'd up and there has to b a way to find out who this is. I want her in jail for the rest of her life! 2 years of calls, everyday, several times a day. Now it's personal and I want to do something about it, not ignoring or blocking. Noone should ever have to deal with this major violation of privacy and nor should they have to pay to get it stopped! I mean, really, $5 a month to avoid harassment??? What has this world turned in to? I am a terminally ill person and I'm only in my early thirties. Something has to b done!!
    I thought about buying a whistle but can't do that at 6 am when she calls while we are sleeping. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for listening and I look forward to your feedback.

Sirene

20. tyrone04068

tyrone04068 New Member

There are also apps like "mr number"

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?