1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

Block numbers from calling/txting you?

Discussion in 'LG Voyager' started by laxisok123, Sep 14, 2008.

1. laxisok123

laxisok123 New Member

I need to block my ex gf from calling me im done with this chick she ruined my life and don't want anything to do with her. Recently she got a new cell (which she told me is also a voyager)..anyways she started txting me. I just don't want her number to have any remote contact to my cell phone. Is their a way to block her cell?

Need to know ASAP...need to stop this **** asap

› See More: Block numbers from calling/txting you?
  2. the2ndflood

the2ndflood New Member

Yeah, that question is asked a lot here. The good news is since you know who is calling you, file a police report, or at least make a threat that you did. The bad news is, most carriers won't block phone numbers. Someone here said Verizon will, for a fee. Which is Verizon's M.O. (Want Help? Pay Up!)

Since this is an ex girlfriend, I would go the threat route first; that is if that would work. Tell some people that know her that you have filed a police report and that they have placed a "Monitor Tag Report" on your telephone line. If that doesn't work, then actually file the police report. Then she will have no other choice but to stop. By filing the police report, they can contact her Wireless/Home carrier and inform them of this complaint.

Or you can call Verizon and pay the $4.99 per month for the rest of your life. Which I honestly don't even know if Verizon offers that service.

It's stupid, but this is how this garbage has to play out. I hope this helps out.

EDIT: Oh, and make backup copies of any threats of harassment. You would need this if it went to court. Sprint also used to offer this feature where you could block phone numbers from sending you text messages. I don't know if Verizon has it, but it would be somewhere under the account settings through the web site.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2008
  3. laxisok123

laxisok123 New Member

good advise and ima look on the verizon site for that too...

4. telemarv

telemarv New Member

I know in Canada you can get your provider to block text msgs, not sure about voice calls.

5. the2ndflood

the2ndflood New Member

In the USA carriers can do this as well, but some of them can only block ALL text messages. Years ago when I had T-Mobile, I kept getting spammed for some night club in Miami Beach, and T-Mo could only block every text messages from coming in. Even though the spam was coming from 2 different numbers. So I had the choice of getting spammed 10 times a day, or not being able to receive any text messages from anyone, ever again. So I just blocked them all for a while.

It's sad how we pay so much money to these companies who spend billions building these networks, and they act like it's their first day on the job! "Can you please block this 1 number from calling me?" "Ahhh, our network doesn't have the ability to do that." Bull ****!! You built it and you never thought to add that simple feature? It seems like every week I find out there is yet another thing my carrier can't do, because they didn't build that feature into the network. Freakin' stupid!

6. laxisok123

laxisok123 New Member

x2 :confused:

7. the2ndflood

the2ndflood New Member

I have no idea what you mean.

8. laxisok123

laxisok123 New Member

i was agreeing with your last statement..

9. the2ndflood

the2ndflood New Member

Oh, I couldn't see any icons or anything. I just saw some numbers, so I didn't know what you were asking me.

10. chakaloso_02

chakaloso_02 New Member

you should try changing ur number.. :smart:

11. laxisok123

laxisok123 New Member

na then id need to provide my new number to all my huge list of contacts...She stopped calling after I started ignoring her...Or i think she died..:flamemad:

12. larion8888

larion8888 New Member

What I need is a simple mobile solution that'll help me to keep my communication expenses down. Looks like I've found not a bad option offered by CallinEurope.com - they sell sim cards and cell phones that will work in Europe. Does anyone have any experience with them? Any information or feedback will be much appreciated ;)

13. Axl

Axl Member

Google for "Vertical service codes". I think there is a * code to block numbers. It'll cost you I believe.

14. 02zx9r

02zx9r New Member

that is one of the good things i liked about the Motorola E815 (believe other motorola phones did it too) you can go into the settings and have it set up to accept all incoming calls, only ones in your contact list, and some other 1 i cant remember.

If set for just contacts, it rings once on their end and goes straight to voicemail. You dont hear or see the phone rings, but will only get the notification if they leave a voicemail. Forget if it would do that for text messages but I dont think it would

I wish other phones had this feature.

15. 02zx9r

02zx9r New Member

Maybe try this from verizon (if you use verizon)

How do I block unwanted text messages? To block unwanted text messages:

Log-in to Text Messaging with your registered Verizon Wireless number.
    Once logged in, select Preferences, then choose Text Blocking from the menu on the left.
    Select the type of messages you want to block or enter the specific addresses you want to block, then click Save.

16. luckygurl

luckygurl New Member

Yes, you can use Call & Message blocking under the Verizon Safeguards program. Log in to your MyVerizon account and then click on MyServices. On the left hand side you should see a column in red and at the bottom it says Safeguards. Click on that and you'll find an area to enter in the specific number you want to block.

It should look like the image.

The block is good for 90days.

17. dolores

dolores New Member

how do i block some one from calling me or texting

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?