1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

How-to Block & report Spam text messages on your Verizon phone

Discussion in 'General Verizon Service' started by jdeg, Sep 10, 2013.

1. jdeg

jdeg Administrator Staff Member

Every once in a while you might notice that you get a text message that is pure spam. Most of the time these messages are sent from email to your Verizon text email address (number@vtext.com) Luckily Verizon allows you to block such messages for free. Here's how to do it:

From My Verizon Home:
    1. Mouse over the "My Verizon" tab
    2. Select "Manage Verizon Family Safeguards & Controls" (under My Plans & Services)
    3. Under Internet Spam Blocking click View Details & Edit
    4. From here you can block individual email addresses (up to 15) or select the check boxes for "Block all text messages sent from the web" and "Block all text messages sent from email". You can apply these settings to individual lines.
    5. Additionally you can forward the spam message to 7726. You should then get a reply where you can send back the address where the spam was sent from.

› See More: Block & report Spam text messages on your Verizon phone
  2. JamieLee

JamieLee Member

I've never had this problem before that I can remember. It is a good idea to have it set though. I will probably apply these settings just so I won't have to worry about it in the future. Thanks!

3. GetAway

GetAway New Member

This is exactly what I was looking for, I just knew I would find the information over here! I've been getting some strange text messages lately and would love to be able to stop them.

4. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Member

5. Anita

Anita New Member

I've been wondering how to do this! When I first bought my Verizon phone, I never got spam texts, but now I'm getting them almost daily. It's absolutely ridiculous and had me seriously considering changing my number. I hope this works.

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?