1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!

Blocking a number on Verizon: does the other person know they are blocked?

Discussion in 'General Verizon Service' started by laramie, Sep 27, 2010.

1. laramie

laramie New Member

I've figured out -- theoretically -- how on Verizon you can pick a phone to block from calling/texting you.

Before I do this, I'd like to know if the other person (whom you block) will know they are blocked, when they try to call/text you.

I'm particularly interested if they get some sort of message if they try to text you.

I'm about to block a human being, not a spammer -- don't ask -- and I don't think it makes much difference to me, but I'd like to know.

Thanks.

› See More: Blocking a number on Verizon: does the other person know they are blocked?
  2. simple_man

simple_man New Member

Is the blocking being done by your phone or by the verizon service? Also what type of phone do you have?

I know some phones have blocking features built in that are configurable - for example send the call to vmail, hangup, etc. If it's done at the service level it's probably an automated message like "call can't be completed" or something. As for texting, I think the sender will not get a message unless the service/phone are configured explicitly to respond a certain way.

Hope this helps.
  3. jdeg

jdeg Administrator Staff Member

If someone blocks you via Verizon's usage controls you get a rapid busy signal.

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?