1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

Brand new HTC Incredible Droid 2 Freezing Up

Discussion in 'HTC Droid Incredible' started by cob, Mar 7, 2012.

1. cob

cob New Member

I got a brand new HTC Droid Incredible 2 just over 2 weeks ago. The first 4 1/2 days it worked fine. Then on the 5th day it froze up on me: the keypad was unresponsive and I couldn't power it off. After 15 minutes it unfroze and worked normally again. Two hours later it froze again this time for 30 minutes. It froze again 2 days ago for 15 minutes. Also, the morning after it froze the first time the alarm clock didn't go off although it had the first 4 days. Since then sometimes the alarm clock goes off and sometimes it doesn't. The phone is as I received it-I've installed no apps and I have changed nothing in its configuration.

For what it is worth, each time the phone froze I just happened to have been talking to a Verizon rep on the phone and then when I went to hang up the phone was frozen. Each time this happened it turned out that the rep was still on the line and we were able to talk further although my phone was otherwise, as I previously described, frozen. And each time the rep was then able to terminate the call from their end although my phone remained frozen after the call was terminated. Anybody have similar experiences with their phone? Any insights as to what may be causing the problems and how to fix them? Thanks in advance.

› See More: Brand new HTC Incredible Droid 2 Freezing Up
  2. jdeg

jdeg Administrator Staff Member

I would save everything that you want on the phone and do a factory reset. More than likely something you installed is running in the background and locking up the phone.

3. cob

cob New Member

The phone is as I received it-I've installed no apps and I have changed nothing in its configuration.

4. sostxt

sostxt New Member

Have you taken it in to have it looked at?

5. ayh127

ayh127 New Member

Take it in asap for replacement!

6. elmapa

elmapa New Member

I had this same problem 3 times on 3 different replacement phones so I finally switched over to the rezound on verizon. That insurance plan really came through for me.

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?