1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

(BUG) EnV Touch's Screen Freezes/Locks During Calls?

Discussion in 'LG enV' started by the2ndflood, Aug 12, 2009.

1. the2ndflood

the2ndflood New Member

What happens is when I make a call using the outer-display; after the call connects; then the screen locks and NO button will turn it back on (Unlock, Camera, Send, Ctr, End, Volume Keys). I have to open the phone and then the outer screen lights back up, but it is then locked. I can press the Unlock button, but when the screen goes dark again; the screen locks again and won't let me hang up the call until I Unlock the screen yet again. This happens even when the Auto-Lock touch feature is turned off. So far, no Verizon tech has been able to help me find a way to stop this from happening. This is my second EnV Touch, and both of them did this. I also had this very same problem with my old LG Voyager. That problem was corrected when I took my phone in for a Firmware update.

So has anyone else had this problem? If so, how did you fix it? Also; what Firmware version do you have on your phone? Press #43574357* to get the version number.

My current Firmware version is VX11KV04. Which is odd, because the techs I have spoken with had version VX11KV03 on their test phones.

› See More: (BUG) EnV Touch's Screen Freezes/Locks During Calls?
  2. the2ndflood

the2ndflood New Member

I "Think" I might have found the problem that is causing this Bug to occur. I normally have the phone set to sound a Tone when a call connects correctly. After I turned that tone off; I haven't yet had the Screen-Freeze problem occur again. I'm not 100% sure if this is the fault; only time will tell, but this could be the reason why my screen locks during phone calls. Maybe someone else with an EnV touch could set the Call-Connect tone on and see if they experience the Bug for themselves.

Call Connect Tone:
    SETTINGS & TOOLS / Settings / 4.Sounds Settings / 6.Service Alerts / 3.Call Connect / On

Then make a call using the Outer-Display keypad. If the bug occurs; you will see the screen go dark and no button will be able to turn the screen back on. You will only be able to access the Touch-Screen again, after you open the phone during the call; then close it again.

1 person likes this.
  3. walt

walt New Member

I did what you talked about but it did not work. I mostly the problem when I dial for my voice mail. any other Ideas?

4. j65smith

j65smith New Member

I'm having the same problem. It is very frustrating. My firmware is vx11kv04 and my call connect tone was off. I tried turning off the autolock, but it still freezes sometimes. I think I will go into Verizon tomorrow.

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?