1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

Buying UDP - Verizon

Discussion in 'General Verizon Service' started by ssdalton, Nov 6, 2015.

1. ssdalton

ssdalton New Member

I'm wanting to buy an UDP to use in a JetPack for my internet service at home. I only have satellite available at home and the VZW service is so much better.

My problem is there is so much conflicting data about doing this and then you have to find a reputable person to deal with....

If I buy an UDP do I have to be a business account to take it over? Do I do the A.O.L get the SIM card pop it in the JetPack and I'm good to go?

I see on Ebay where people are renting them out - of course I'd prefer to buy it so I have control over it - are there any pros or cons for one way or the other?

Thanks in advance

Shaun

› See More: Buying UDP - Verizon
  2. ssdalton

ssdalton New Member

UPDATE question - So I have found a UDP and called Verizon. They said that if I transferred that persons UDP into my name it reverts to the plan I currently have with VZW. She told me the only way it could be done is if it stays in that persons name and I pay each month but he still has the liability - Help?

3. JAttlilaH

JAttlilaH New Member

I'm told that "agent shopping" works sometimes. If you don't like what one agent tells you, hang up and call back.

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?