1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!

Calling someone --> 1 ring --> voicemail

Discussion in 'General Verizon Service' started by reducereuserec, Feb 5, 2007.

1. reducereuserec

reducereuserec New Member

So yeah, if I call someone then after 1 ring it goes straight to voicemail, what does it indicate? Does that mean they have a weak signal strength or that their phone is dead? Or is there a way for people to press a button and send someone who they don't want to talk to straight to voicemail. Is it a possibility for people to screen your number and send it to straight to voicemail should they dial?

› See More: Calling someone --> 1 ring --> voicemail
  2. bossdragon

bossdragon Daderator

More than likely it means they have their phone off, or they are someplace that a signal can't reach.

Yes, they can see who's calling, and then press the end key. That will send the call to Voicemail.
  3. reducereuserec

Okay, thanks for the reply. No matter what service provider they can do that?
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2007
  4. asduncan23

asduncan23 New Member

It doesn't depend on the service provider, more the phone and having the "ignore" option on the phone....but as far as I know every service provider I've had has a phone where you can push a call to voicemail.
  5. reducereuserec

Ok I guess I'm getting ignored, good to know the symptoms at least, lol.
  6. BigUnit42

BigUnit42 New Member

It's called the F-U button
  7. jdeg

jdeg Administrator Staff Member

humm.. my 8100 didn't have an ignore button, but it did silence if you pressed any of the side buttons.

My Q on the other hand has an 'ignore' button but no silence feature. I think I liked the silence better. This way people don't assume you're ignoring them and the phone doesn't bother you while it's ringing.
  8. jdeg

jdeg Administrator Staff Member

It's funny how much this has changed in the past 6 years. Almost every phone out there has an 'ignore' features now...

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?