1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

Calls Dropping and signal booster apps?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by sarahc, Sep 15, 2013.

1. sarahc

sarahc New Member

I know that there is an area a few miles down from my house that I drive through almost every day and the signal on my phone always drops out. There's an app for that! I came across an app called Signal Booster for Android. I had no idea that an app would be able to make signal improve. My mind is blown.

› See More: Calls Dropping and signal booster apps?
  2. JamieLee

JamieLee Member

I don't usually have a problem with calls dropping, but just today I was driving home from my sister's house and could not get signal for anything. I could have really used something like this app to keep my sanity today.

3. sarahc

sarahc New Member

I completely know what you mean! Sometimes something as simple as being able to keep your phone signal can keep us sane sometimes!

I downloaded this app and turned it on to see how it worked and my signal jumped from 2 bars up to 4 almost instantly.

4. jdeg

jdeg Administrator Staff Member

5. Andy

Andy New Member

Wow, I don't usually have a problem with Verizon calls being dropped. Only when I was out on I-10 years ago on a road trip and I already knew the towers were so far away but I had service the next few miles.

6. Kitten

Kitten New Member

There are a few places that I go where I get no signal. One of the places is right around a few cell phone towers, and I could never figure out why. Do the signal booster apps work?

7. Bronson

Bronson New Member

I have never tried or needed one of these boost your signal apps before. I wonder how well they work though? You really gain a couple of bars with them? Seems weird that it would actually do something.

8. Cdog

Cdog New Member

I don't know but a friend of mine swears by it. I wonder if the app just cuts off other power sources on your phone to boost the signal. Is that possible? Any programmers on here?

9. dani

dani New Member

Is there any way to prove it is someones phone rather than your own? I have this problem when I call long distance to a friend who is on a Blackberry and my connection is great but at least 3 times in a 20 minute phone call it drops out, only for this single person.

10. Dobbs

Dobbs New Member

I think that's your evidence right there! If you can make calls right after or before you talk to this person, and you don't have this problem, then it's obvious where the problem lies.

11. Sawyer Davison

Sawyer Davison New Member

It sounds like you’re going through the dreaded dead zone. There is something interfering with the signal you get from the cell phone tower and your phone when you drive through your area. It could be terrain (hills, buildings, etc.) blocking the signal or interference from some transmission that’s blocking the signal. How big of an area is this? Keep in mind that with any signal boosting app (or signal booster device), it will not create a signal from thin air. Signalbooster.com has some helpful blogs but first you need to find out if you have a signal in this area. If not, I recommend you hold the calls or get a wi-fi hotspot if you need it that badly.

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?