1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

Can anyone tell me how to sabotoge my vx6000

Discussion in 'LG' started by bonz_4life, Mar 14, 2004.

1. bonz_4life

bonz_4life New Member

looking to get my phone replaced underwarranty anyone know how to sabotage it?

I dropped it once and i couldnt get a signal so im beating the hell out of it but cant get it to do it again

› See More: Can anyone tell me how to sabotoge my vx6000
  2. stefire

stefire New Member

just throw the damn thing against a wall or on the asphalt, ur pretty smart...

3. TWiZDeD

TWiZDeD New Member

mayb electricute it somehow, that should work

4. V00d00

V00d00 New Member

Mirco-wave?

Try the microwave.. Yes.

5. goodfella3

goodfella3 New Member

YEA...LEAVE IT IN A MICROWAVE FOR A MINUTE..LOL

6. Adrenachrome

Adrenachrome New Member

nono, just a few seconds, test it like 1-2 seconds till it doesnt work

otherwise they will know

7. S.S.Mario

S.S.Mario New Member

Verizon will call it "physical damage", but you can get a replacement for 50 bucks. I speak from experience...
    :hit:
    ^ ^
    | Me
    Verizon

8. Brianster

Brianster New Member

Maybe u can get phone insurance or sumthing like that and then ask for a new one because of a defect hehe my friend does that all the time even though he just drops his phone all the time...

9. arcticfoxx21

arcticfoxx21 New Member

get a strong magnet

10. youngblood

youngblood New Member

Keep the fone, and then tell them it was stolen.

it might turn out bad for you though. if ur insurance isnt good enuff, they could give you some ghetto, refurbished fone.

11. evil247

evil247 New Member

drop it four storys. Mine still worked after that but the LCD screen was all busted. 50 bucks replaced it

12. ielement5oi

ielement5oi New Member

whatever you do dont make it a water damaged phone they wont replace it. just pay fifty bucks and say your phone was stolen.

13. CoMpX1090

CoMpX1090 New Member

I am experienced att this. My screen broke off and they gave me a new one for $50. Break ur screen off and say that it was in your backpack or something. I promise it works.

14. nitrometh

nitrometh New Member

Sup bonez?

If you want a comprehensive solution that will leave them only believing you, I am heavily experienced in the electronic field- my advice is this: take a fresh 9-volt battery that has a high current rating (like Duracell Ultra, Or Energiser batteries, and not the "heavy duty" type, those are just carbon-zinc and no good for the job, stay away from lithium too for the possibility that they would pop and release lithium which explodes when it hits even a small amount of water hehehe) then you strip down two thin wires, but not too thin, you don' t want to burn your hands overloading them with current! Then you wrap one wire around each terminal of the battery, one wire per terminal (dont let them wires touch each other) now you go to work on the phone. What you now need to do is figure out where the battery of the phone contacts the circuitry leading in. Usually there is three to four gold plated terminals arranged in a lined out fashion. The innermost pin(s) are for load sensing functions that tell you how much charge u got. You are lookin for the outermost two from the center those are sometimes labeled + and - if they are labeled you r in luck. If you dont see them on the phone sometimes the phone battery is labeled instead. But just try to figure out which is which if at all possible. Now the object of your work is close at hand but you need a friend's help to do it. To make sure your phone is deceased by dusk you need to have your friend hold the cell phone steady for you, WHILE AT THE SAME TIME HOLDING THE POWER BUTTON, this is important 'cause not only do you involve more circuitry into the damage path of current but you know if you got backwards polarity! You then proceed to hold one wire of the battery contraption(+) to the negative connection of the phone (-) you keep that power button pushed in and then touch the other wire (briefly for a test) to the other outer terminal mentioned earlier. If the phone lights up or starts to boot then kick yourself 'cause you got the wires backwards (forwards polarity just turns it on but backwards is lethal to it). If you are not noticing much with the test touch you got it dead on the money. Keep holding the power button then Lay into that piece of S#@&t for as long as it takes to start emitting this nasty bitter smell that says she's toast. Then comes the story of what goes with it that is easily believable to the insurance operator (if they were geniuses they wouldn' t be answering phones now would they?) Tell them that a power surge must have came across the line cause it tripped the breaker that was supplying the phone with power and when you reset it you came back upstairs to see your phone was a heaping pile of smoke. With this I guarantee you' re an insurance deductable away from a new phone. Little tip, dont afford them with the wall charger, cause if they see a smoked out phone, a perfectly good wall charger and see it written in the report they read before diagnostics that the breaker blew (they by the way are a lot smarter than average to rebuild them phones) then it will look like a rat, smell like a rat taste like a rat then they will sniff it out and you might pay more than you bargained for;>

Later on, Nitrometh

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?