1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

Can I activate a "stolen" Prepaid verizon phone??? PLEASE HELP PAID $100 then realized it was stolen

Discussion in 'Prepaid' started by str8tG, Aug 15, 2012.

1. str8tG

str8tG New Member

Someone please help me, any help or advice is greatly appreciated. I bought a brand new PREPAID VERIZON phone from a neighbor who told me he bought it but couldnt afford to buy the prepaid card too. then his family added him to their family plan and he lost the receipt and had no use for the phone. Well it was a great deal and figured if there was any problems then I could find him and have him make it right. but by the time I found there was no record of it being sold so it couldnt be activated he was long gone so if anyone has any advice or info I would very much appreciate it. Thanks and hope anyone with any input will reply THANKS

› See More: Can I activate a "stolen" Prepaid verizon phone??? PLEASE HELP PAID $100 then realized it was stolen
  2. macktechjunkie

macktechjunkie New Member

Re: Can I activate a "stolen" Prepaid verizon phone??? PLEASE HELP PAID $100 then realized it was st

[TABLE_OLD][/TABLE_OLD]In a perfect world and assuming that the Verizon Wireless Employee done their job correctly, the answer would be"No." What happens or is suppose to happen is the employee after verifying all of the customers account information is suppose to enter either the "ESN or MEID" number into the National Negative File Database which is shared amongst all of the major US Wireless Carriers. However, not all get entered into this database. You can call Verizon Customer Service at 800.922.0604 (or visit a corporate VZW store) and ask them to look up the Serial number and they can tell you wither or not it is indeed registered as lost or stolen, and or not. If the employee says that they can NOT check without trying to activate the phone, that is wrong! I do know this for a fact as I know every aspect of Verizons Systems and there is indeed a tool (Phone Lookup Tool) located on the customer dashboard on their main database screen that they can use to look it up for you.. If you can not get anywhere with the representative that you are working with, ask to speak with a supervisor or manager. I hope that this helps you out my friend, and if you have any other questions just hit me back. Best of luck to you. =)

One thing that I forgot to mention. If you are trying to add it to a regular "Post Paid Plan" and not as a Prepaid Phone, they have this stupid rule that the ESN/MEID number has to of been active on Prepaid Service no less than six months before they will allow you to add it to a regular account where you pick your plan and are billed monthly (Post Paid) for it. However, if you get the right person in Tech support and they are willing to activate or "force it" into their Switch (which they can if they want to), it can be done. The reason that they say that they cant is because they don't want you buying the PrePaid phone which is offered at a much lower cost in liew of paying the higher price for equipment subsidy. Be ver insistent about them doing it for you (tell then that you have a friend that wrks for VZW and you were told by them that they can do it if they really want to, or something along those lines as this will save you from having to purchase another at what I call 'The Ripped Off Price." Again, I hope that this helps you my friend and good luck to you. If you have a free moment after its all said and done, reply back and let me know how it went. I enjoy helping consumers and my goal is to also help save them from being ripped off by these carriers as I have seen so much of it. I really hope that the information helps you. PLease let me know the outcome if you don't mind.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  3. avenue

avenue Super Moderator

Re: Can I activate a "stolen" Prepaid verizon phone??? PLEASE HELP PAID $100 then realized it was st

Did you ever get the issue resolved?

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?