1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

Can i change my sonic slider's service from virgin mobile to verizon wireless?

Discussion in 'General Verizon Service' started by mrmdu, Apr 13, 2006.

1. mrmdu

mrmdu New Member

Can i change my sonic slider's service from virgin mobile to verizon wireless?

› See More: Can i change my sonic slider's service from virgin mobile to verizon wireless?
  2. paulcman

paulcman New Member

I believe that Virgin Mobile is a CDMA service, like Verizon. So, as long as Verizon has your phone's ESN in their system, they should be able to activate it for you.

Someone else may know a little bit more about it though.

3. Brad729

Brad729 New Member

I called Verizon a while back to settle a dispute with someone, and I've now been told by both Sprint and Verizon reps that neither of those CDMA providers will activate a phone not branded to them. It's not like getting a GSM phone unlocked, the phone has to be reprogrammed for text and data, also in order to not roam all the time, and CDMA carriers don't like to activate tampered phones. :(

Last edited: Apr 13, 2006
  4. roberts1953

roberts1953 New Member

No dice. Almost all CDMA providers keep a list of their own compatable phone's ESN. If it aint on the list it wont work.

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?