1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

Can prepaid be a good deal?

Discussion in 'Prepaid' started by Gregg, May 1, 2014.

1. Gregg

Gregg New Member

Prepaid used to be really expensive for people who actually use their phones a lot, but now with these $35, $45, and $50 "unlimited" plans, they are starting to sound like the way to go if you don't mind shelling out for the phone up front. What do you think? Can prepaid be a good deal?

› See More: Can prepaid be a good deal?
  2. Hannah

Hannah New Member

I think prepaid can be a good deal if you go with one of the unlimited plans. I don't think the $1/day or $2/day plans are a good deal, though.

3. scannermanner1

scannermanner1 Moderator Staff Member

Prepaid I believe is a good deal, I'm currently on the monthly 45$ unlimited talk and text 500mb of data
    and I get 3gb add on for 20$ so it works well for me... I was in the Verizon store talking to the rep about switching to contract and upgrading my phone and he said the contract phones have better service and they work better, which I don't believe one bit.

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk 2

Last edited: Jan 29, 2015
  4. scannermanner1

scannermanner1 Moderator Staff Member

Verizon has discontinued the above plan that I said I was on ! The only thing they changed is they now give you 1gb of data and everything else is the same (and is still at $45)

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk 2

Last edited: May 22, 2015
  5. Celia

Celia Member

My son has been on a prepaid plan, and it seems to work well for him. I used to have the old-fashioned kind, where you paid as you went. That used to suck.

6. Darth

Darth New Member

It's good if you would like to place a limit to your calling as well as if you have kids. I have given both my sons prepaid plans so that they are careful about the spend. They know that there is a limit and don't forget to hangup soon when they speak to their friends.

7. justy5

justy5 New Member

I have been told the same: Verizon's signal is better and stronger on Postpaid. The $45 dollar plan with 3GB data plan is new. You can get it if you autopay. If you do not autopay you only get 1GB. Verizon and AT&T has all these requirements to get extra data. They do anything to keep those dollars flowing in their coffers.

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?