1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

Can you put Motorola ringtones on an LG phone on Verizon?

Discussion in 'LG' started by fredgmeyer, Dec 23, 2006.

1. fredgmeyer

fredgmeyer New Member

Howdy...

I have been a Motorola-only owner for over 6 years now, but for several reasons had to switch to an LG phone - the VX8300. Without debating the other pros and cons of the phone, the included ringtones on it are...shall we say, deficient.

I really liked a couple stock ringtones on Motorola phones...one on my V265 was called "Ambient" and was sort of a dark, hip-hop thing...another was on the V325i and was called "Fragment" and was in the alterna-rock vein.

I'm wondering if you can find midi's or .mp3's of these stock ringtones - I'm not big on ringtones that are clips of actual recorded songs...anyone know if these Motorola stock tones can be downloaded anywhere?

Alternatively, if I know someone who has one of these phones, is there any way to "capture" a ringtone from that phone and upload it to mine?

Thanks!

› See More: Can you put Motorola ringtones on an LG phone on Verizon?
  2. FA1SG

FA1SG New Member

I have a motorola Razr V3M and can send a pix msg with any of the stock moto ringtones as a sound file. I am assuming that anyone can send you a message with the ringtone you want.

I have unlimited IN messaging and would bee willing to send you any moto stock ringtone. The LG should also permit saving sound files that come attached with a text message. I have a number of non moto ringtones. What is important is that the LG use mp3 as ringtones as that is what the Moto ringtones are.

I do not know what ringtones you had on your previous Moto and how they differ from the Razr V3M but let me know...

3. fredgmeyer

fredgmeyer New Member

Thanks for the reply. I think I'd definitely be interested in taking you up on your offer. The ringtones in particular I'm interested in are "Ambient" and "Fragment." Not sure if your Razr has either. I know Ambient was on my old Motorola V265...and Fragment was on the Motorola V325i that I just returned.

I'm fairly certain this LG phone I have will recognize an .mp3 as a ringtone.

I just checked on my old v265, and apparently the Ambient ringtone is too large to send from that phone. I wonder how many phone models that ringtone is on, and if they're new enough to have enough memory to send it. "Fragment" is a newer ringtone, so that might actually be on your Razr.

Let me know via private message if you're able to send the ringtone and we can talk about the particulars. Thanks much!

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?