1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!

Can't Access Voicemail From Handset

Discussion in 'General Verizon Service' started by c_piper, Jan 31, 2011.

1. c_piper

c_piper New Member

My dad just got the LG Cosmos. He's having a problem accessing his voicemail from it. I live some distance away from him and had to talk him through it on the phone and what I thought was operator error has turned out to be something baffling me.

Whenever he tries to access his voicemail from the phone itself he gets a message that the password he has entered is incorrect. I personally went to his Verizon wireless home page and reset his password. I then called his phone and accessed his voicemail successfully using the new password I had just assigned. I called him and asked him to try calling voicemail again from the handset. He got the same message that he entered the incorrect password.

Thinking that it was still most likely operator error, I had him call his own phone from a land line and walked him through the steps of accessing his voicemail from there. He was successful which through a wrench into my operator error theory. Once again, I asked him to call voicemail from the handset and the same thing...error stating incorrect password.

He has been on the phone with Verizon four times this evening and no one he has talked to has been able to assist.

Any thoughts out there??

› See More: Can't Access Voicemail From Handset
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2011

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?