1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

can't get out of flycell scam alltel won't help

Discussion in 'Alltel' started by tdog, Feb 19, 2007.

1. NO TELL

NO TELL New Member

Got caught up in this scam somehow. Having spent long time with Orange shop decided to cancel my number!!!! only way to leave these thieves who have taken 42 euros from from my mobile!!!!!!!!!! now no balance in so my pay as you go... so they are F******.

› See More: can't get out of flycell scam alltel won't help
  2. Whamy

Whamy New Member

I know this post is old but it is found number 1 on google for the term "flycell scam" so people probably do read this and getting the wrong idea, so I need to correct all you morons.

FlyCell is NOT a scam. To even sign up for their service they text you a pin and you have to enter it in on their site. If you got charged from FlyCell you signed up and opted in, no if ands or buts.

Flycell has an affiliate program, meaning people can promote them and make commission off it, a lot of their affiliates promote them by saying things like "free ringtones", when in fact they aren't free, they say it so you sign up and make them money, yeah its wrong, but you morons should read the clear text on their site that says $9.99 a month subscription before you enter your number in, and well if it was your kids who did it thats your own damn fault.

If you see a bill for flycell on your phone bill and are clueless why, it's simply because you're an idiot.

3. ktyo

ktyo New Member

It's not a scam, most people are just too stupid to understand it.

That's a huge problem that any business owner runs into: Idiots. You can't avoid idiots, they are literally everywhere, even in your home.

To get ringtones for free, you need to find a website that offers the ringtones in a downloadable format (MP3, M4R, WAV, ect). I use brinked, because they are the fasted.Once you have the ringtone, its just a matter of getting it to your phone (email, usb cable, bluetooth, memory card, itunes, ect).

Flycell is getting filthy rich with this, millions per month. It's completely legal as well.

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?