1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

Can't set personal ringtone for LG env touch

Discussion in 'LG enV' started by Joyceebugs, Jul 10, 2009.

1. Joyceebugs

Joyceebugs New Member

I want to be able to assign a personal sound I recorded on my cell phone to certain individuals & friends and have just a regular ring tone like low beeps or something for others.
    Had it working it seemed for a while. I made a horse whinny for one friend, a dog bark for my vet. It just stopped working for some reason. I tried again to set a sound as a contact i.d for each person. It wouldn't work. When someone called I just got a regular ring tone. The sound I had assigned to that person just would not work. It's driving me crazy.
    Even though it says clearly what their sound should be on the contact info it won't whinny, bark or whatever I had set or chosen for that person.
    A regular ring tone overrides the sound I created for those individuals.
    It shouldn't be this hard. I have tried just about everything I can think of. The manual is confusing. I played with every setting there is related to tones, sounds rings.....nothing works to get what I want. So many options it seems but nothing is clear cut. What am I doing wrong ?
    I need a step by step guide to exactly how to set a personal ring or sound for each individual and I don't care what the heck it plays for the rest. HELP! !:flamemad:

› See More: Can't set personal ringtone for LG env touch
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2009
  2. Guerte

Guerte New Member

If you have the sound as a sound file on your phone, try sending it to yourself and save it as a ringtone.

3. angelicthreads

angelicthreads New Member

Just got this for Christmas and can't figure out how to set a ringtone for a certain person? I want a siren for when my hubby calls and a couple other ringtones for others. Is this even possible anymore?
    Thank you so much for any help you can give.....

4. me10lee83

me10lee83 New Member

If you have an SD card you can save it to the card in the "My Sounds" folder. Then in the phone go to My Sounds, select Options and "set as" then you can select the contact you want to assign it to, or select ringtone to make it the default ringtone

5. the_jd

the_jd New Member

Same problem here! Pls help!

6. me10lee83

me10lee83 New Member

Do you have a micro SD card?

7. my911

my911 New Member

I had the same problem
    Recorded a sound and saved it in my Sounds folder
    I can access and play it
    Frome Home/Media Center/Music and Tones/MySounds
    Locate and press on the sound to get OPTIONS
    then Set AsContact ID
    then find your contactand PRESS.
    Window opens and indicatesContact ID Set

NOW....I have to wait for that person to call me.
    Hope it works

...but....one option is
    Set As Ringtone
    when I do that a window opens indicating Ringtone Set
    ..here is the rub....when I go to ringtones, it is NOT in the List.

So???????????

---------- Post added at 04:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:36 AM ----------

Well setting as Contact worked...still bummed about not finding it in Ringtone folder/list

8. me10lee83

me10lee83 New Member

That is normal, it's not supposed to show under ringtones but should still be what plays when your phone rings.

9. Sir Ace

Sir Ace New Member

i just think the good morning ringtone is hilarious. question is, if you wake up to that ringtone, do you chuck the phone across the room or wake up feeling refreshed?

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?