1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

Cell Phones Getting Bigger

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by GetAway, Feb 11, 2014.

1. GetAway

GetAway New Member

I can still, barely, remember the original cell phones, those big, clunky things that no one would be caught dead with now-a-days. They went from huge monstrosities to devices that fit in the pam of your hand, but now they are getting bigger again. Some of them, I believe a lot of the Galaxy phones, are being called 'phablets'. It's just funny how the trends go.

› See More: Cell Phones Getting Bigger
  2. FirstTimeHTC

FirstTimeHTC New Member

Hubby has one of these so called phablets. Over the last ten years, he has had the smallest phone they made, and now he has one of the biggest. He is one of those trend followers and wants to have the newest and greatest technology as soon as it comes out.

3. Flappy

Flappy New Member

The launch of LG's curved phone has set a new trend and you will see many similar handsets come out in the next few months. I believe they are also trying to design a phone that can be folded and put into your pocket. How cool is that!

4. GetAway

GetAway New Member

I miss my small phones. I have a tendency to drop the bigger ones, they just don't fit in my hands right. I haven't had an issue with them not fitting in my pocket yet, but I usually put mine in my back pocket, so there is plenty of room!

5. Narito

Narito New Member

My first phone in the late nineties was an Ericsson and it was so heavy that I could not slip it into my pocket and forget about it. The handsets I have now are so light that I can hardly feel them even though I keep one of them in my shirt pocket.

6. Kitten

Kitten New Member

I kind of like the bigger phone trend. I don't drop the bigger phones half as much as I do the smaller ones. I saw an commercial for the curved phone last night. I might go and check it out. I'm not due for an upgrade, but sometimes the extra cost is worth it.

7. Jerome

Jerome New Member

I like the fact that phones are getting bigger. For example I can browse the forum on my phone now, something that would not have been possible some years back.

8. GetAway

GetAway New Member

Being able to do more with them is a plus I suppose. I just don't think that I use mine enough to really justify having it in the first place, let alone a bigger one.

9. JOSH

JOSH New Member

i remember a couple years back, people woulda laughed at you for talking on a 5 inch phone. nowadays, some phones dont even come under 5 inch. i wanted a 4inch meizu, but these days all they offer is 5 and up.

10. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Member

I will most likely upgrade to an iPhone 6s Plus in September. I want the larger screen real estate. My eyes aren't too good and the larger screens are easier to read and the Keyboards are larger. My only issue will be pocketability. I'm not sure how I will carry a huge phone. My pockets aren't that big. I guess an investment in Cargo Pants will be in order. A man bag is out. I do Photoshop on my 4" screen iPhone 5. So the larger screen will help there too.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

11. Syzygy

Syzygy Member

What I do like about the iPhones is that although phones are getting bigger, the iPhone still stays within a reasonable size. I don't need a huge, clunky phone to carry around.

12. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Member

You would prefer the 6 over the 6 Plus then. Both are great phones.

13. scannermanner1

scannermanner1 Moderator Staff Member

I have an iPhone 6 and love it, it is fairly big but really easy to navigate with one hand with the features like double tapping the home button to bring down the top of the screen. etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Member

I hope to get the 6s Plus in September. My upgrade is in August. If it's too big, I'll downsize within the allotted time.

15. Keanu

Keanu New Member

I like the fact that cellphone handsets are getting bigger mainly because I love apps. Bigger phones mean more apps and it's going to be fun with so much variety in apps. I have an app for almost everything including blogging which is one of my hobbies. I cannot do without certain apps like the flashlight app especially when I return home at night an fumble for the light switches.

16. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Member

Even though the iPhone now has a built-in flashlight, I kept my 3rd party flashlight app. It's really cool with neat features. It's simply called, "Light".

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?