1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

Cell Tower Issues

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MicroMomma, Feb 20, 2014.

1. MicroMomma

MicroMomma New Member

Is there any reason to not get a signal when you are within touching distance of a cell phone tower? There is a tower right next to our local Little League field and whenever I am there, I don't get any reception on my phone. I seem to be one of the few people that have this problem at the ballpark.

› See More: Cell Tower Issues
  2. jdeg

jdeg Administrator Staff Member

Sure - The tower may be GSM only, meaning it doesn't carry a Verizon signal.

3. Jerome

Jerome New Member

There is a maintenance period of a few minutes when one tower is switched off for that duration and the next available tower takes all the calls. It could have been one of those outage periods and may have happened while you were nearby.

4. MicroMomma

MicroMomma New Member

It's not just for a few minutes, it's hours at a time. I'm going to have to assume that it just doesn't carry a Verizon signal, or my phone is just a jerk!

Last edited: Mar 10, 2014
  5. Flappy

Flappy New Member

It does happen sometimes and it usually means that the tower is down. If you're not getting a signal move to a window if you're indoors. If you are outside move around a bit and you will get a signal.

6. MicroMomma

MicroMomma New Member

I found out that it doesn't carry a Verizon signal. I guess the people that are lucky enough to get a signal just have a stronger phone than I do.

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?