1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

Cellphone as modem??

Discussion in 'alt.cellular.verizon' started by Josh Grameson, Jun 16, 2004.

  1. Andrew

    Andrew Guest

    Tom McCune <news@delete_thismccune.cc> wrote:
    : Something I can't resist commenting on. I know when I got my phone over a
    : year ago, I was told that it (the America's Choice plan) included the
    : Internet access on Minutes of Use basis - it seemed too good to believe,
    : but my tests worked fine then and again recently. However, I went with my
    : daughter yesterday when she renewed her contract, and went up from the $35
    : plan I still have, to the current $39 plan. I asked the salesman about her
    : having Internet access and he said no. When I told him they told me that I
    : did, and that perhaps it was because I have a commercial account, he said
    : no. So, I guess the debate about the access goes on!

    I think your salesman was just wrong, as salespeople in this industry
    often are. You can see for sure whether you have internet access -
    it's now called "National Access MOU" or something. If you see that
    listed on your bill under included features, you still have free
    internet access (or "Minutes of Use basis" as you say). I signed my
    contract in December - it was not a commercial plan, just a regular
    cell phone, and it has National Access. I'm guessing America's Choice
    still comes with it.

    Andrew
    --
    ----> Portland, Oregon, USA <----
    *******************************************************************
    ----> http://www.bizave.com <---- Photo Albums and Portland Info
    ----> To Email me remove "MYSHOES" from email address
    *******************************************************************
     



    › See More: Cellphone as modem??
  2. Andrew

    Andrew Guest

    Tom McCune <news@delete_thismccune.cc> wrote:
    : Something I can't resist commenting on. I know when I got my phone over a
    : year ago, I was told that it (the America's Choice plan) included the
    : Internet access on Minutes of Use basis - it seemed too good to believe,
    : but my tests worked fine then and again recently. However, I went with my
    : daughter yesterday when she renewed her contract, and went up from the $35
    : plan I still have, to the current $39 plan. I asked the salesman about her
    : having Internet access and he said no. When I told him they told me that I
    : did, and that perhaps it was because I have a commercial account, he said
    : no. So, I guess the debate about the access goes on!

    I think your salesman was just wrong, as salespeople in this industry
    often are. You can see for sure whether you have internet access -
    it's now called "National Access MOU" or something. If you see that
    listed on your bill under included features, you still have free
    internet access (or "Minutes of Use basis" as you say). I signed my
    contract in December - it was not a commercial plan, just a regular
    cell phone, and it has National Access. I'm guessing America's Choice
    still comes with it.

    Andrew
    --
    ----> Portland, Oregon, USA <----
    *******************************************************************
    ----> http://www.bizave.com <---- Photo Albums and Portland Info
    ----> To Email me remove "MYSHOES" from email address
    *******************************************************************
     
  3. Andrew

    Andrew Guest

    Tom McCune <news@delete_thismccune.cc> wrote:
    : Something I can't resist commenting on. I know when I got my phone over a
    : year ago, I was told that it (the America's Choice plan) included the
    : Internet access on Minutes of Use basis - it seemed too good to believe,
    : but my tests worked fine then and again recently. However, I went with my
    : daughter yesterday when she renewed her contract, and went up from the $35
    : plan I still have, to the current $39 plan. I asked the salesman about her
    : having Internet access and he said no. When I told him they told me that I
    : did, and that perhaps it was because I have a commercial account, he said
    : no. So, I guess the debate about the access goes on!

    I think your salesman was just wrong, as salespeople in this industry
    often are. You can see for sure whether you have internet access -
    it's now called "National Access MOU" or something. If you see that
    listed on your bill under included features, you still have free
    internet access (or "Minutes of Use basis" as you say). I signed my
    contract in December - it was not a commercial plan, just a regular
    cell phone, and it has National Access. I'm guessing America's Choice
    still comes with it.

    Andrew
    --
    ----> Portland, Oregon, USA <----
    *******************************************************************
    ----> http://www.bizave.com <---- Photo Albums and Portland Info
    ----> To Email me remove "MYSHOES" from email address
    *******************************************************************
     
  4. Andrew

    Andrew Guest

    Tom McCune <news@delete_thismccune.cc> wrote:
    : Something I can't resist commenting on. I know when I got my phone over a
    : year ago, I was told that it (the America's Choice plan) included the
    : Internet access on Minutes of Use basis - it seemed too good to believe,
    : but my tests worked fine then and again recently. However, I went with my
    : daughter yesterday when she renewed her contract, and went up from the $35
    : plan I still have, to the current $39 plan. I asked the salesman about her
    : having Internet access and he said no. When I told him they told me that I
    : did, and that perhaps it was because I have a commercial account, he said
    : no. So, I guess the debate about the access goes on!

    I think your salesman was just wrong, as salespeople in this industry
    often are. You can see for sure whether you have internet access -
    it's now called "National Access MOU" or something. If you see that
    listed on your bill under included features, you still have free
    internet access (or "Minutes of Use basis" as you say). I signed my
    contract in December - it was not a commercial plan, just a regular
    cell phone, and it has National Access. I'm guessing America's Choice
    still comes with it.

    Andrew
    --
    ----> Portland, Oregon, USA <----
    *******************************************************************
    ----> http://www.bizave.com <---- Photo Albums and Portland Info
    ----> To Email me remove "MYSHOES" from email address
    *******************************************************************
     
  5. Andrew

    Andrew Guest

    Tom McCune <news@delete_thismccune.cc> wrote:
    : Something I can't resist commenting on. I know when I got my phone over a
    : year ago, I was told that it (the America's Choice plan) included the
    : Internet access on Minutes of Use basis - it seemed too good to believe,
    : but my tests worked fine then and again recently. However, I went with my
    : daughter yesterday when she renewed her contract, and went up from the $35
    : plan I still have, to the current $39 plan. I asked the salesman about her
    : having Internet access and he said no. When I told him they told me that I
    : did, and that perhaps it was because I have a commercial account, he said
    : no. So, I guess the debate about the access goes on!

    I think your salesman was just wrong, as salespeople in this industry
    often are. You can see for sure whether you have internet access -
    it's now called "National Access MOU" or something. If you see that
    listed on your bill under included features, you still have free
    internet access (or "Minutes of Use basis" as you say). I signed my
    contract in December - it was not a commercial plan, just a regular
    cell phone, and it has National Access. I'm guessing America's Choice
    still comes with it.

    Andrew
    --
    ----> Portland, Oregon, USA <----
    *******************************************************************
    ----> http://www.bizave.com <---- Photo Albums and Portland Info
    ----> To Email me remove "MYSHOES" from email address
    *******************************************************************
     
  6. Andrew

    Andrew Guest

    Tom McCune <news@delete_thismccune.cc> wrote:
    : Something I can't resist commenting on. I know when I got my phone over a
    : year ago, I was told that it (the America's Choice plan) included the
    : Internet access on Minutes of Use basis - it seemed too good to believe,
    : but my tests worked fine then and again recently. However, I went with my
    : daughter yesterday when she renewed her contract, and went up from the $35
    : plan I still have, to the current $39 plan. I asked the salesman about her
    : having Internet access and he said no. When I told him they told me that I
    : did, and that perhaps it was because I have a commercial account, he said
    : no. So, I guess the debate about the access goes on!

    I think your salesman was just wrong, as salespeople in this industry
    often are. You can see for sure whether you have internet access -
    it's now called "National Access MOU" or something. If you see that
    listed on your bill under included features, you still have free
    internet access (or "Minutes of Use basis" as you say). I signed my
    contract in December - it was not a commercial plan, just a regular
    cell phone, and it has National Access. I'm guessing America's Choice
    still comes with it.

    Andrew
    --
    ----> Portland, Oregon, USA <----
    *******************************************************************
    ----> http://www.bizave.com <---- Photo Albums and Portland Info
    ----> To Email me remove "MYSHOES" from email address
    *******************************************************************
     
  7. Andrew

    Andrew Guest

    Tom McCune <news@delete_thismccune.cc> wrote:
    : Something I can't resist commenting on. I know when I got my phone over a
    : year ago, I was told that it (the America's Choice plan) included the
    : Internet access on Minutes of Use basis - it seemed too good to believe,
    : but my tests worked fine then and again recently. However, I went with my
    : daughter yesterday when she renewed her contract, and went up from the $35
    : plan I still have, to the current $39 plan. I asked the salesman about her
    : having Internet access and he said no. When I told him they told me that I
    : did, and that perhaps it was because I have a commercial account, he said
    : no. So, I guess the debate about the access goes on!

    I think your salesman was just wrong, as salespeople in this industry
    often are. You can see for sure whether you have internet access -
    it's now called "National Access MOU" or something. If you see that
    listed on your bill under included features, you still have free
    internet access (or "Minutes of Use basis" as you say). I signed my
    contract in December - it was not a commercial plan, just a regular
    cell phone, and it has National Access. I'm guessing America's Choice
    still comes with it.

    Andrew
    --
    ----> Portland, Oregon, USA <----
    *******************************************************************
    ----> http://www.bizave.com <---- Photo Albums and Portland Info
    ----> To Email me remove "MYSHOES" from email address
    *******************************************************************
     
  8. Andrew

    Andrew Guest

    Tom McCune <news@delete_thismccune.cc> wrote:
    : Something I can't resist commenting on. I know when I got my phone over a
    : year ago, I was told that it (the America's Choice plan) included the
    : Internet access on Minutes of Use basis - it seemed too good to believe,
    : but my tests worked fine then and again recently. However, I went with my
    : daughter yesterday when she renewed her contract, and went up from the $35
    : plan I still have, to the current $39 plan. I asked the salesman about her
    : having Internet access and he said no. When I told him they told me that I
    : did, and that perhaps it was because I have a commercial account, he said
    : no. So, I guess the debate about the access goes on!

    I think your salesman was just wrong, as salespeople in this industry
    often are. You can see for sure whether you have internet access -
    it's now called "National Access MOU" or something. If you see that
    listed on your bill under included features, you still have free
    internet access (or "Minutes of Use basis" as you say). I signed my
    contract in December - it was not a commercial plan, just a regular
    cell phone, and it has National Access. I'm guessing America's Choice
    still comes with it.

    Andrew
    --
    ----> Portland, Oregon, USA <----
    *******************************************************************
    ----> http://www.bizave.com <---- Photo Albums and Portland Info
    ----> To Email me remove "MYSHOES" from email address
    *******************************************************************
     
  9. Andrew

    Andrew Guest

    Tom McCune <news@delete_thismccune.cc> wrote:
    : Something I can't resist commenting on. I know when I got my phone over a
    : year ago, I was told that it (the America's Choice plan) included the
    : Internet access on Minutes of Use basis - it seemed too good to believe,
    : but my tests worked fine then and again recently. However, I went with my
    : daughter yesterday when she renewed her contract, and went up from the $35
    : plan I still have, to the current $39 plan. I asked the salesman about her
    : having Internet access and he said no. When I told him they told me that I
    : did, and that perhaps it was because I have a commercial account, he said
    : no. So, I guess the debate about the access goes on!

    I think your salesman was just wrong, as salespeople in this industry
    often are. You can see for sure whether you have internet access -
    it's now called "National Access MOU" or something. If you see that
    listed on your bill under included features, you still have free
    internet access (or "Minutes of Use basis" as you say). I signed my
    contract in December - it was not a commercial plan, just a regular
    cell phone, and it has National Access. I'm guessing America's Choice
    still comes with it.

    Andrew
    --
    ----> Portland, Oregon, USA <----
    *******************************************************************
    ----> http://www.bizave.com <---- Photo Albums and Portland Info
    ----> To Email me remove "MYSHOES" from email address
    *******************************************************************
     
  10. Andrew

    Andrew Guest

    Tom McCune <news@delete_thismccune.cc> wrote:
    : Something I can't resist commenting on. I know when I got my phone over a
    : year ago, I was told that it (the America's Choice plan) included the
    : Internet access on Minutes of Use basis - it seemed too good to believe,
    : but my tests worked fine then and again recently. However, I went with my
    : daughter yesterday when she renewed her contract, and went up from the $35
    : plan I still have, to the current $39 plan. I asked the salesman about her
    : having Internet access and he said no. When I told him they told me that I
    : did, and that perhaps it was because I have a commercial account, he said
    : no. So, I guess the debate about the access goes on!

    I think your salesman was just wrong, as salespeople in this industry
    often are. You can see for sure whether you have internet access -
    it's now called "National Access MOU" or something. If you see that
    listed on your bill under included features, you still have free
    internet access (or "Minutes of Use basis" as you say). I signed my
    contract in December - it was not a commercial plan, just a regular
    cell phone, and it has National Access. I'm guessing America's Choice
    still comes with it.

    Andrew
    --
    ----> Portland, Oregon, USA <----
    *******************************************************************
    ----> http://www.bizave.com <---- Photo Albums and Portland Info
    ----> To Email me remove "MYSHOES" from email address
    *******************************************************************
     
  11. Andrew

    Andrew Guest

    Tom McCune <news@delete_thismccune.cc> wrote:
    : Something I can't resist commenting on. I know when I got my phone over a
    : year ago, I was told that it (the America's Choice plan) included the
    : Internet access on Minutes of Use basis - it seemed too good to believe,
    : but my tests worked fine then and again recently. However, I went with my
    : daughter yesterday when she renewed her contract, and went up from the $35
    : plan I still have, to the current $39 plan. I asked the salesman about her
    : having Internet access and he said no. When I told him they told me that I
    : did, and that perhaps it was because I have a commercial account, he said
    : no. So, I guess the debate about the access goes on!

    I think your salesman was just wrong, as salespeople in this industry
    often are. You can see for sure whether you have internet access -
    it's now called "National Access MOU" or something. If you see that
    listed on your bill under included features, you still have free
    internet access (or "Minutes of Use basis" as you say). I signed my
    contract in December - it was not a commercial plan, just a regular
    cell phone, and it has National Access. I'm guessing America's Choice
    still comes with it.

    Andrew
    --
    ----> Portland, Oregon, USA <----
    *******************************************************************
    ----> http://www.bizave.com <---- Photo Albums and Portland Info
    ----> To Email me remove "MYSHOES" from email address
    *******************************************************************
     
  12. Andrew

    Andrew Guest

    Tom McCune <news@delete_thismccune.cc> wrote:
    : Something I can't resist commenting on. I know when I got my phone over a
    : year ago, I was told that it (the America's Choice plan) included the
    : Internet access on Minutes of Use basis - it seemed too good to believe,
    : but my tests worked fine then and again recently. However, I went with my
    : daughter yesterday when she renewed her contract, and went up from the $35
    : plan I still have, to the current $39 plan. I asked the salesman about her
    : having Internet access and he said no. When I told him they told me that I
    : did, and that perhaps it was because I have a commercial account, he said
    : no. So, I guess the debate about the access goes on!

    I think your salesman was just wrong, as salespeople in this industry
    often are. You can see for sure whether you have internet access -
    it's now called "National Access MOU" or something. If you see that
    listed on your bill under included features, you still have free
    internet access (or "Minutes of Use basis" as you say). I signed my
    contract in December - it was not a commercial plan, just a regular
    cell phone, and it has National Access. I'm guessing America's Choice
    still comes with it.

    Andrew
    --
    ----> Portland, Oregon, USA <----
    *******************************************************************
    ----> http://www.bizave.com <---- Photo Albums and Portland Info
    ----> To Email me remove "MYSHOES" from email address
    *******************************************************************
     
  13. Andrew

    Andrew Guest

    Tom McCune <news@delete_thismccune.cc> wrote:
    : Something I can't resist commenting on. I know when I got my phone over a
    : year ago, I was told that it (the America's Choice plan) included the
    : Internet access on Minutes of Use basis - it seemed too good to believe,
    : but my tests worked fine then and again recently. However, I went with my
    : daughter yesterday when she renewed her contract, and went up from the $35
    : plan I still have, to the current $39 plan. I asked the salesman about her
    : having Internet access and he said no. When I told him they told me that I
    : did, and that perhaps it was because I have a commercial account, he said
    : no. So, I guess the debate about the access goes on!

    I think your salesman was just wrong, as salespeople in this industry
    often are. You can see for sure whether you have internet access -
    it's now called "National Access MOU" or something. If you see that
    listed on your bill under included features, you still have free
    internet access (or "Minutes of Use basis" as you say). I signed my
    contract in December - it was not a commercial plan, just a regular
    cell phone, and it has National Access. I'm guessing America's Choice
    still comes with it.

    Andrew
    --
    ----> Portland, Oregon, USA <----
    *******************************************************************
    ----> http://www.bizave.com <---- Photo Albums and Portland Info
    ----> To Email me remove "MYSHOES" from email address
    *******************************************************************
     
  14. Andrew

    Andrew Guest

    Tom McCune <news@delete_thismccune.cc> wrote:
    : Something I can't resist commenting on. I know when I got my phone over a
    : year ago, I was told that it (the America's Choice plan) included the
    : Internet access on Minutes of Use basis - it seemed too good to believe,
    : but my tests worked fine then and again recently. However, I went with my
    : daughter yesterday when she renewed her contract, and went up from the $35
    : plan I still have, to the current $39 plan. I asked the salesman about her
    : having Internet access and he said no. When I told him they told me that I
    : did, and that perhaps it was because I have a commercial account, he said
    : no. So, I guess the debate about the access goes on!

    I think your salesman was just wrong, as salespeople in this industry
    often are. You can see for sure whether you have internet access -
    it's now called "National Access MOU" or something. If you see that
    listed on your bill under included features, you still have free
    internet access (or "Minutes of Use basis" as you say). I signed my
    contract in December - it was not a commercial plan, just a regular
    cell phone, and it has National Access. I'm guessing America's Choice
    still comes with it.

    Andrew
    --
    ----> Portland, Oregon, USA <----
    *******************************************************************
    ----> http://www.bizave.com <---- Photo Albums and Portland Info
    ----> To Email me remove "MYSHOES" from email address
    *******************************************************************
     
  15. Andrew

    Andrew Guest

    Tom McCune <news@delete_thismccune.cc> wrote:
    : Something I can't resist commenting on. I know when I got my phone over a
    : year ago, I was told that it (the America's Choice plan) included the
    : Internet access on Minutes of Use basis - it seemed too good to believe,
    : but my tests worked fine then and again recently. However, I went with my
    : daughter yesterday when she renewed her contract, and went up from the $35
    : plan I still have, to the current $39 plan. I asked the salesman about her
    : having Internet access and he said no. When I told him they told me that I
    : did, and that perhaps it was because I have a commercial account, he said
    : no. So, I guess the debate about the access goes on!

    I think your salesman was just wrong, as salespeople in this industry
    often are. You can see for sure whether you have internet access -
    it's now called "National Access MOU" or something. If you see that
    listed on your bill under included features, you still have free
    internet access (or "Minutes of Use basis" as you say). I signed my
    contract in December - it was not a commercial plan, just a regular
    cell phone, and it has National Access. I'm guessing America's Choice
    still comes with it.

    Andrew
    --
    ----> Portland, Oregon, USA <----
    *******************************************************************
    ----> http://www.bizave.com <---- Photo Albums and Portland Info
    ----> To Email me remove "MYSHOES" from email address
    *******************************************************************
     
  16. Tom McCune

    Tom McCune Guest

    usenetMYSHOES@bizaveMYSHOES.com (Andrew) wrote in news:fylachj72943033609
    @bizaveMYSHOES.com:

    > I think your salesman was just wrong, as salespeople in this industry
    > often are. You can see for sure whether you have internet access -
    > it's now called "National Access MOU" or something. If you see that
    > listed on your bill under included features, you still have free
    > internet access (or "Minutes of Use basis" as you say). I signed my
    > contract in December - it was not a commercial plan, just a regular
    > cell phone, and it has National Access. I'm guessing America's Choice
    > still comes with it.


    Thanks Andrew,

    I just checked online. Mine does include
    "NationalAccess Minutes of Use"
    But, I'm anxious to ask to see my daughter's when she gets her new
    statement.

    I don't have any "mobile to mobile" minutes but am thinking of extending my
    contract to upgrade to the free inservice anytime use. But, I sure don't
    want to lose this. I think I may call my person and ask.

    --
    Tom McCune
    My PGP Page & FAQ: http://www.McCune.cc/PGP.htm
     
  17. Tom McCune

    Tom McCune Guest

    usenetMYSHOES@bizaveMYSHOES.com (Andrew) wrote in news:fylachj72943033609
    @bizaveMYSHOES.com:

    > I think your salesman was just wrong, as salespeople in this industry
    > often are. You can see for sure whether you have internet access -
    > it's now called "National Access MOU" or something. If you see that
    > listed on your bill under included features, you still have free
    > internet access (or "Minutes of Use basis" as you say). I signed my
    > contract in December - it was not a commercial plan, just a regular
    > cell phone, and it has National Access. I'm guessing America's Choice
    > still comes with it.


    Thanks Andrew,

    I just checked online. Mine does include
    "NationalAccess Minutes of Use"
    But, I'm anxious to ask to see my daughter's when she gets her new
    statement.

    I don't have any "mobile to mobile" minutes but am thinking of extending my
    contract to upgrade to the free inservice anytime use. But, I sure don't
    want to lose this. I think I may call my person and ask.

    --
    Tom McCune
    My PGP Page & FAQ: http://www.McCune.cc/PGP.htm
     
  18. Tom McCune

    Tom McCune Guest

    usenetMYSHOES@bizaveMYSHOES.com (Andrew) wrote in news:fylachj72943033609
    @bizaveMYSHOES.com:

    > I think your salesman was just wrong, as salespeople in this industry
    > often are. You can see for sure whether you have internet access -
    > it's now called "National Access MOU" or something. If you see that
    > listed on your bill under included features, you still have free
    > internet access (or "Minutes of Use basis" as you say). I signed my
    > contract in December - it was not a commercial plan, just a regular
    > cell phone, and it has National Access. I'm guessing America's Choice
    > still comes with it.


    Thanks Andrew,

    I just checked online. Mine does include
    "NationalAccess Minutes of Use"
    But, I'm anxious to ask to see my daughter's when she gets her new
    statement.

    I don't have any "mobile to mobile" minutes but am thinking of extending my
    contract to upgrade to the free inservice anytime use. But, I sure don't
    want to lose this. I think I may call my person and ask.

    --
    Tom McCune
    My PGP Page & FAQ: http://www.McCune.cc/PGP.htm
     
  19. Tom McCune

    Tom McCune Guest

    usenetMYSHOES@bizaveMYSHOES.com (Andrew) wrote in news:fylachj72943033609
    @bizaveMYSHOES.com:

    > I think your salesman was just wrong, as salespeople in this industry
    > often are. You can see for sure whether you have internet access -
    > it's now called "National Access MOU" or something. If you see that
    > listed on your bill under included features, you still have free
    > internet access (or "Minutes of Use basis" as you say). I signed my
    > contract in December - it was not a commercial plan, just a regular
    > cell phone, and it has National Access. I'm guessing America's Choice
    > still comes with it.


    Thanks Andrew,

    I just checked online. Mine does include
    "NationalAccess Minutes of Use"
    But, I'm anxious to ask to see my daughter's when she gets her new
    statement.

    I don't have any "mobile to mobile" minutes but am thinking of extending my
    contract to upgrade to the free inservice anytime use. But, I sure don't
    want to lose this. I think I may call my person and ask.

    --
    Tom McCune
    My PGP Page & FAQ: http://www.McCune.cc/PGP.htm
     
  20. Tom McCune

    Tom McCune Guest

    usenetMYSHOES@bizaveMYSHOES.com (Andrew) wrote in news:fylachj72943033609
    @bizaveMYSHOES.com:

    > I think your salesman was just wrong, as salespeople in this industry
    > often are. You can see for sure whether you have internet access -
    > it's now called "National Access MOU" or something. If you see that
    > listed on your bill under included features, you still have free
    > internet access (or "Minutes of Use basis" as you say). I signed my
    > contract in December - it was not a commercial plan, just a regular
    > cell phone, and it has National Access. I'm guessing America's Choice
    > still comes with it.


    Thanks Andrew,

    I just checked online. Mine does include
    "NationalAccess Minutes of Use"
    But, I'm anxious to ask to see my daughter's when she gets her new
    statement.

    I don't have any "mobile to mobile" minutes but am thinking of extending my
    contract to upgrade to the free inservice anytime use. But, I sure don't
    want to lose this. I think I may call my person and ask.

    --
    Tom McCune
    My PGP Page & FAQ: http://www.McCune.cc/PGP.htm
     

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.


Forgot your password?