1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!

Changing voice mail announcement on Chocolate 3

Discussion in 'LG Chocolate' started by JoeysGrandpa, Jun 24, 2011.

1. JoeysGrandpa

JoeysGrandpa New Member

Greetings, I'm new here, like for 45 minutes. I need to pick someone's brain. I have a Chocolate 3 that I want to use a pre-recorded message as my voice mail announcement. Other than not knowing what type of file (mp3, wav, etc) or where the file would be stored in the file structure of the phone, or if it's even possible, I guess I have the issue solved...LOL. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

› See More: Changing voice mail announcement on Chocolate 3

2. nicknrm

nicknrm Super Moderator

Hi! First, welcome to the forums. Don't forget to introduce yourself here, and I hope you'll stick around after this question is resolved.

OK. You have the LG Chocolate 3, which is a Verizon Wireless handset, I believe. You cannot "upload" media files to use as your voicemail. You can record a message for your voicemail by calling *86 from the handset.

1) Enter voicemail password, or set up one if you haven't already.
    2) Choose 4 for personal options.
    3) Choose 3 to record a personal greeting. Follow instructions.

Verizon Wireless voicemail restricts customization.

You can, however, use a service like YouMail. It doesn't link as well to your handset, but does work well. Check it out youmail.com. It's free and uses call forwarding to forward your voicemails to a different place. I use it.
    1 person likes this.

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?