1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!

charger port problems

Discussion in 'LG Voyager' started by resistance0, Jun 30, 2008.

1. resistance0

resistance0 New Member

hi, i'm new to the forums. i just spent 3 hours trying to figure out how to fix my problem, but i ended up with no solution so i googled my problem and i was directed here.

anyway, i've had the Voyager since last christmas. just recently i got my original Voyager replaced because I broke the screen at work. Anyway, this is my 2nd phone, and just a few weeks into it I'm having problems. Little no non-sense problems like it not auto-locking after I flip it shut after sending a text and things like that. But, tonight my biggest problem happened. I've had a car charger for this phone ever since I got it, and it's always worked up until when I got a replacement. Well, okay, that's fine, I never usually have to charge it in the car anyway.

But tonight I went to a friend's house, and took my home charger with me. Plugged it in, nothing. Spent a good hour wiggling it around so it'd charge, and even the slightest touch to the phone would turn it off and I'd have to repeat the process. Eventually I got fed up, and removed the charger from the port. Bad idea. The port inside the phone came out with it, and I discovered the little circuits at the end were frayed (already) and bent every which-way. It was charging for maybe 15 minutes after I put it back inside the phone, but I had to hold the charger down in order for it to work. I let go once, and it hasn't charged since.

I've found some new charger ports on eBay for cheap, but I'm wondering if that'll fix my problem? Surely it will. What will Verizon say? I don't really want to pay another $54.88 for a new phone like the last time. I already tried reactivating my old RZR phone, but that was a no go too. :(

Sorry for the long post.

› See More: charger port problems

2. verizonowner10

verizonowner10 New Member

Seems the circuit part of the charge port is really lose, which doesnt create enough tension to hold the charger in place, so unless held at a certain angle, so the charger touches the charging circuits..it wont charge. another solution if really desperate, BE CAREFUL... bend the top part of the charging port down, so it will cause pressure on the charger when inserted. not a permanate fix, but itll help charge without always making sure something is holding the charger on it. the metal port is not solid, so in time it will widen again causing the tension to give. damn LG for a wobbly charge port on a sweet phone.
    1 person likes this.
  3. rwgfx

rwgfx New Member

The LG Voyager is notorious for having a weak charge port (I lost a few myself to that), basically it became use because of the car charger (I had problems with USB chargers)... really, the best solution is to get it replaced with a like new model (if it's still under warranty).
  4. Daddyopop

Daddyopop New Member

Amazon universal cell phone battery charger. Cheap and they work. My LG env charger
    port shorted. Long time research found this soultion. Charges battery out of phone - wall
    charger. Works great!

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?