1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

Charging port broke off vx8600

Discussion in 'LG' started by dsslonewolf, Jan 2, 2009.

1. dsslonewolf

dsslonewolf New Member

I have a LG vx8600. The charging port has broken off the board, my ? is can it be put back on and is there any place to get this info. Also is the battery going to make this phone not charge if it is completely dead? Thanks in advance.

› See More: Charging port broke off vx8600
  2. jdeg

jdeg Administrator Staff Member

You'd be better off finding a new phone then trying to repair the existing.

3. Celljimian

Celljimian New Member

You could try to open the phone and solder the port back onto the board, but that could be tricky. I would only try that myself if I were willing to give up the phone for a new one if the "fix" weren't successful. We're assuming the phone is no longer under warranty, right?

4. dsslonewolf

dsslonewolf New Member

Correct it is out of warranty. I have had it put back on but it does not charge. Can it be the battery gone bad and not letting it work???

5. Celljimian

Celljimian New Member

You did get the charger port repaired, but the battery could be dead ... it's a rechargeable, and so it will have a limited life. The typical cell phone battery should be good for about two years, but it depends on how many times it has gone thru a recharge cycle. You could try a new battery, but I wouldn't want to pay too much, just in case it's not the battery. Check on e-Bay, or you could try here: http://www.wirelessemporium.com/match.asp?byBrand=1&typeID=1&brandID=4&modelID=436.

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?