1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

Choosing new verizon phone - need help picking between these 4...

Discussion in 'LG' started by Jaymes785, Dec 9, 2008.

1. Jaymes785

Jaymes785 New Member

Hey guys! I've never posted here, so if this is in the wrong place I appologize. Mods are, of course, free to move it to a different location.

So anyway... I'm getting my first phone for Christmas, and I'm having trouble deciding what phone would be best for me to get. I have Verizon, and I'm interested in the LG Dare, LG Voyager, enV2, and Samsung Glyde. I won't be using the web, watching tv, or doing anything crazy with it. I can't go over 500 texts a month, so I'm not a heavy texter either. I really like the Glyde, but I heard it had some serious issues. Have these been resolved in updates, or is it still best to stay away from this phone? It would also be helpful to know if I can put my iTunes library on these phones, maybe if I put the files into a different multimedia player first?
    Also, I know the camera on the Dare is supposed to be the best, but the pictures I've seen taken with the Dare (on phonescoop.com), don't seem to be as clear or have the same color as the pictures taken with the Voyager. Is the Dare's camera really that much better?? As far as the enV2, Voyager, and Glyde go, how do they're cameras compare?

Let me know what you guys think of these phones, especially if you've owned one of them. If you've owned or used more than one of them, some comparisons would be great.

Cheers

› See More: Choosing new verizon phone - need help picking between these 4...
  2. Jaymes785

Jaymes785 New Member

Any input... at all??

3. Axl

Axl Member

Depends what you want.
    I have the Voyager and like having movies on it. The camera might only be 2meg. but I'm surprised at how a close up turns out. I take several close pics of some woodworking things I do. I like the phone for being a toy as much as a phone.

4. nicknrm

nicknrm Super Moderator

I have worked around with all of the devices listed!

I personally own the LG Voyager. I also own the Motorola Krave. In my line of work, I specifically diagnose issues with wireless phones...from all carriers. I also rate them to see how they compare.

Besides the phones you listed, I recommend checking out the Motorola Krave. It has one of the best touch screens I have ever played with. It feels so real. It also has been compared to the iPhone as far as touch screens go. It is also jam packed with features.

Glyde:

• Great web browser
    • Touch screen is too small
    • great touch sensitivity
    • feature full
    It seemed to be an excellent phone, the duration of two hours I played with it. It would be a good phone for the heavy texter, since its touch screen is fast and easy to access. To start, there weren't any real issues with the phone. It never was completely crazy like some people suggested. Everyone always exaggerates in their complaints. There has been a new update released, I've heard people are satisfied with it.

enV2:

• Excellent Call Quality
    • Nice, thorough QWERTY keyboard
    • multimedia packed
    • bright displays
    • Light Weight, a great pocket phone
    It did have some issues though,

• Identical features to original enV
    • poor photo/video quality
    • small external screen, useless
    Overall, I like it...it just wasn't built right for me. I owned the original enV and would have died to have the original one as slender as this one! It is a very "attractive" device...but that's a controversial issue...:laugh:

LG Voyager:

Like I mentioned, I owned this device. This review will be a little more picky.

• Multimedia packed
    • excellent camera quality, like a digital camera almost!
    • Like most newer phones, no flash for camera :sad:
    • Touch screen is good, but it has its moments
    • Large, luxurious QWERTY keyboard
    I loved this device, I just decided one day to move to the Krave. It was one of the best, most reliable phones I have ever owned. No replacements of this device, ever! I have noticed that signal quality is much, much better on Motorolas compared to LGs. Samsungs also don't get good reception, especially EV-DO (3G) signal!

LG Dare:

This phone is much like the Voyager as far as interface goes. The Voyager is more technologically advanced.

• Superior 3.2 megapixel camera, unbeatable (almost)
    • Multimedia Packed
    • Fair call quality
    • Buggier than the Glyde
    • OTA updates, receive needed software updates without visiting a store
    This is a nice phone. People have there peeves, I have none with this device. People will contradict this...but I liked it in testing.

Also, out of the devices above, the Dare has the most unbeatable camera. I believe all of the others have a 2.0 megapixel camera. 2.0 is considered "advanced" for a mobile phone. 3.2 is considered superior.
    I personally recommend getting the Voyager, out of the list of these phones. Remember, checkout the Krave.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2008
  5. Jaymes785

Jaymes785 New Member

Thanks for those reviews - that was definatly very helpful.

I'm not really interested in a flip phone - no good reason really, I just don't like them as much. I actually have the old krave... or at least I think that's what it is.

6. nicknrm

nicknrm Super Moderator

Hope I was of help!

7. nicknrm

nicknrm Super Moderator

Old Krave?

I'm not sure there's one of those.

The Krave also is much different than a flip phone. Go to YouTube and browse videos for Motorola Krave reviews.

8. Jaymes785

Jaymes785 New Member

My bad, not an old Krave, the Krazr. Starts with the same too letters... close enough. lol

I'll check out the Krave on youtube.

9. Jaymes785

Jaymes785 New Member

Ahh... not a flip phone. Interesting. Pretty sick little phone. :)

10. nicknrm

nicknrm Super Moderator

Well, it had taken flip to a whole new level.

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?