1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

CNN HD doesn't work / cannot access

Discussion in 'FIOS TV' started by someoneelse, May 4, 2014.

1. someoneelse

someoneelse New Member

I'm a new fios customer and I frequently cannot receive CNN HD. All other HD channels work fine, but CNN HD frequently is black screen. Regular CNN (channel 100) is fine but channel 600 is a long wait and then a black screen with no error message.

I noticed a previous thread also about not receiving CNN HD and therefore wonder if this is a common problem. I never had trouble receiving CNN HD on Cox cable.

Any ideas?

› See More: CNN HD doesn't work / cannot access
  2. jdeg

jdeg Administrator Staff Member

I would call Verizon and have them test your lines. Something isn't communicating correctly. Maybe you haven't noticed it with other channels because you watch CNN more?

Also, you do have the channel with the package that you chose, right?

3. someoneelse

someoneelse New Member

Just turned the TV on and now CNN HD works.

It is intermittent. Next time it happens I will call tech support. Thanks.

4. Anita

Anita New Member

My nephew was going through a similar problem and it turns out that he'd recently upgraded his cable package to include new channels. Even though he'd paid to upgrade already, no one on "the other end" had changed his account to reflect the new channels he was supposed to be getting.

5. someoneelse

someoneelse New Member

Thanks.

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?