1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

Computer connection with enV3

Discussion in 'LG enV' started by burlak, Jun 25, 2009.

1. burlak

burlak New Member

Ok, so my enV3 is having so much trouble connecting to my computer. When I plug it in (as Music Sync), the computer recognizes the phone, and begins trying to recognize the MTP storage device in the phone. Then it stops. It hangs on the tooltip "MTP Device" and does absolutely nothing. The phone says say (on internal screen) "Sync Music blah blah External Memory.. (picture).. connecting" And that's it. Nothing else would happen after this. There's no drive in My Computer, nothing at all. If I disconnect, my computer tells me the device was installed but an error occurs. Sometimes, it would tell me to restart my computer but that does absolutely nothing. The same thing happens when I turn on the USB storage option under Settings&Tools/Tools. When I connect the phone as Data, my computer does absolutely nothing. What's going on?! I've never had this much trouble connecting a storage device to my computer..

I've already tried uninstalling, reinstalling the devices from Device Manager and no change. I've installed drivers from the Verizon website, and no change.

Does anybody know why this is happening??

What I do know is that the connection works totally fine on my other computer, just not my laptop. So it has to be driver issues or something in my computer..

› See More: Computer connection with enV3
  2. jdeg

jdeg Administrator Staff Member

What version of windows do you have? Have you tried a different USB port?

3. amyterry4

amyterry4 New Member

I am having the exact same problem and don't have a 2nd computer to try it on. Did you ever figure out a solution? If so I'd love to hear so I don't have to spend time on the phone with Verizon Tech support tonight.
    Thanks so much!!!
    Amy

p.s. using Windows XP and I've done the driver download as well.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2009
  4. burlak

burlak New Member

Yeah, I found a workaround. I couldn't fix the problem because it is mostly a USB hardware problem - it's outdated, probably USB1.1, but I'm not sure. When I plugged in a USB2.0 hub and then the phone into the hub, everything works perfectly.

5. manola

manola New Member

6. TheWorldsFake

TheWorldsFake New Member

Well then! That was surprisingly helpful! I was also getting the same issue, and after fixing the whole USB2.0 thing, everything got cleared up, I'm just glad I found these posts.

7. R_Zachs

R_Zachs New Member

i need to find the driver or drivers for my env3. i cant get it to connect to outlook

8. Keileigh

Keileigh New Member

I have the same problem, but, unfortunately, I am computer illiterate. Could you possibly help me through what I would have to do, since I have no idea what anything means? :p

9. burlak

burlak New Member

Hi Keileigh, the reason you probably can't connect it to your computer is because you probabaly have the older version of USB installed on your computer. This is a hardware thing which means the only way to change it is to get either get a USB2.0 computer, which all right now are, or an adapter that converts your 1.1 to 2.0. An adapter in form of a USB Hub that supports USB2.0

10. Keileigh

Keileigh New Member

Thanks. I figured out a way around it. Thanks for the help, though. I'd never have figured it out anyway. Lol. (Not good with computers whatsoever)

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?