1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

Connecting LG VX3300 to PC?

Discussion in 'LG' started by SeanJG, May 9, 2006.

1. SeanJG

SeanJG New Member

Hello,
    I'm starting to get into custom wallpaper and I need to connect my phone to my computer. I am a cell phone novice...

Anyway, I go to the 1st Verizon store to look for a USB cable. They show me the Office package and the Music package, both with USB cables and priced at $60 and $50... So, I go to another Verizon store looking for just a cable, and they tell me that cables are not made for my phone... The 3rd Verizon store tells me that they are out of stock, but store #2 should have them.

I check Ebay and see that I can get USB cables for my phone for $1 plus $6.99 shipping! My question is this... If I get this "deal" on Ebay, will it work for sure? It comes with USB drivers and CDs, but will I have enough software to get it to work? Are all the transfers done with the PC software? Is there anything else I need? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Sean

› See More: Connecting LG VX3300 to PC?
  2. bossdragon

bossdragon Daderator

Yes, all you really need is the cable and bitpim (which you can get for free from the internet. Just google it).

Problem is your phone is the bottom of the line phone, and therefore won't hold much in the way of wallpapers, ringtones, etc., as there is very, very little memory left on the phone as they only put enough on it for the phone to work.

3. SeanJG

SeanJG New Member

Thanks Bossdragon,
    I also was read today on the forums that I might just need that software as well to relay info, but I refuse to pay evil Verizon $60 for their junk...

One a good note, my girlfriend gave a fairly new VX5200 that I hope to get my service transfered to without much problems.

I'm off to find bitpim!

Thanks again,
    Sean

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?