1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

Connection Issues

Discussion in 'FIOS Internet' started by eddo, Dec 23, 2013.

1. eddo

eddo New Member

I know there is a list of common connection issues when it comes to Fios but is something like this possible? I was reading on a blog that a guy had it installed, it worked great for a few months and then just died out. A tech came out to inspect the area and said it was installed incorrect but that he would have to change because it looks like it was "tampered with". There was no proof of this so how common is this scenario? It makes be distrust when I read reviews like this.

› See More: Connection Issues
  2. GetAway

GetAway New Member

I've heard of it happening. There are some techs out there that will do the minimum just so they can get the job done faster. I actually had a few techs that used to come out here that I had to request not be sent again because of the shortcuts they took.

3. jdeg

jdeg Administrator Staff Member

The techs should always test the coax in your house. If it is old or shielded correctly then it could cause connection issues. Most of the time they will install a new coax cable going from the box (the one that's grey and usually outside of your house) to your router.

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?