1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

Cost of new iPhone. can anyone simplify this for me? Please

Discussion in 'General Verizon Service' started by coleco, Sep 22, 2016.

1. coleco

coleco New Member

Hi everyone. first post. I am eligible for an upgrade. went to Verizon website and put 3 phones in cart (wife, son, me, etc). We are all eligible. Expected to see cost of about $400 a phone, plus tax, etc. Cost at checkout was $2500 and change. That is not what I was expecting. Again i thought would be $299 or $399 a phone depending on memory chosen. Chatted with the Verizon rep - she could not understand my confusion. She said because they are discounting something it was cheaper, blah blah. . did not really understand what she was saying. She wanted me to trade in 3 iphones at $249 to offset the price. That is not going to happen.

Essentially looking for a breakdown. How is paying $749 per phone (the 7 with 128GB) upfront with no reduction in monthly data cost for lets say 24 months cheaper than $400 - subsidized with 2 year contract. It isn't, so why does everyone say it is cheaper to buy it outright. what am I missing? I know I am missing something but not smart enough to see it. We are longtime Verizon users but was told no 2 year subsidized plans for us!

any quick thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.

› See More: Cost of new iPhone. can anyone simplify this for me? Please
  2. Spenceree

Spenceree New Member

Sorry, i have no idea on it.

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?