1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

Cost to Transfer Data from Phone to Phone

Discussion in 'General Verizon Service' started by sanna, Jun 4, 2012.

1. sanna

sanna New Member

I realize this is a dumb question, but I'm rather new here and new to the whole smartphone thing. I couldn't seem to find an answer to this question anywhere, but does anyone know if I buy a phone from somewhere other than Verizon, will they charge me if I take my phone in and ask them to transfer the phone book and anything else over from my old phone to a new one I didn't buy from them? I thought they did, but wasn't sure. I hate to buy one somewhere else and then go in to ask them to transfer everything only to find out that it's going to cost me what I saved buying it somewhere else. Just trying to save some money. Thanks.

› See More: Cost to Transfer Data from Phone to Phone
  2. avenue

avenue Super Moderator

I'm not sure if there is a cost to do this. If the store wants to provide good support to their customers, they should be happy to do this free of charge. I'm not sure if that will be the case though.

If you would like, you can backup the contacts yourself.

I'm assuming you don't have an Android phone. If you do, please refer to the thread here: http://cellphoneforums.net/google-android/t343014-backing-up-contacts-google.html

The following information is coming from: How to Transfer contacts from your old phone to your new phone

First, select "Get it Now" or "Media Center" from the phone's menu.

After that, select "Tools on the Go", or "Browse & Download".

Then, select "Get New Application".

After you select "Get New Application", then select "Business Tools / Information".

Finally, choose "Backup Assistant" and press "OK".

You can then follow the instructions to backup your contacts. After activating the new phone, download the application again, enter your PIN code, and restore the contacts.

3. yonglan

yonglan Member

To transfer data from phone to phone, pro phone to phone transfer program can help us do that easily on PC. Just follow the steps below:
    Step 1. Open the installed phone to phone software on the computer. After that, get the two phones connected to the computer via two USB cords.
    Step 2. Different file folders of the these two devices will be displayed on the top panel. You can then enter each tabs to choose the files you want to transfer from one phone to the other.
    Step 3. Tick out the wanted files on the corresponding columns and then click on the right option to begin the file transfer. Finally, just wait for the process to complete.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2016

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?